Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 146692 times)

Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 mu
Did you download the descent 2 data files?

Where did you put them?

Installed D2.  Put D2X-XL and all related files into D2 Directory.  Started D2X-XL (Does not work).  Start D2 Distro (works with no changes made by D2X-XL).
The big cool ship...

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Alright, put this MISSIONS directory in your D2 folder and you'll have the same maps as the server. I generally run the 10 maps of the "Panic" series, as they seem to allow the most people in/be the most stable. However, with this set of missions, we'll be able to play some of the official/cool D2X-XL maps like Speed! and Styx. I'll stick with the Panic maps for a couple more days until everyone has these (Note: you might already have some of these, np, just overwrite). Also included are some Entropy maps, and I think CTF maps, however I can't seem to find any that have "goals" for hoard mode. *shrugs* Anywho, here's the HLP DM Server 1's maps:

~11MB

http://www.fileh.com/Ulala/MISSIONS.rar
I am a revolutionary.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Too bad, hoard is fun.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Ulala

Oh yeah, I'm available on weeknights after 10pm Pacific, and Fri-Sun after 1am Pacific.. needless to say Mon.-Thurs. are probably best for me. :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm getting the same problem.  Try my game (ip=192.168.0.101, port 28342)  I'll try to keep it going from now until around 1am.

I checked a few times earlier but couldn't see your game. Was it on the tracker? I don't think that 192 thing is your actual IP address though; it's probably the computer's local address assigned by the router or modem.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey ulala, did you ever upgrade to the new version of d2xxl?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
CP5670,

you need to use hoard/ctf enabled levels for hoard play. When using ctf enabled levels for hoard, the flag goals (blue/red) are converted to hoard goals (green). Note that there are no team specific hoard goals in D2. In team hoard, every team can score in every hoard goal present in the level.

Offline Ulala

hey ulala, did you ever upgrade to the new version of d2xxl?

Yes.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
just cuirious, cause it wouldnt lat me on yeterday, said i was loosing packets. i chcked my packets and they were all accounted for. :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
This 'loosing packets' message might be misleading, although it is issued when D2X-XL misses some network game data when issuing it.

Offline watsisname

I'm getting the same problem. Try my game (ip=192.168.0.101, port 28342) I'll try to keep it going from now until around 1am.

I checked a few times earlier but couldn't see your game. Was it on the tracker? I don't think that 192 thing is your actual IP address though; it's probably the computer's local address assigned by the router or modem.

Hmm... strange.  I set it up the same way that I had for the last time we played, which worked out ok.  And I'm not sure what the ip would be otherwise.  It displays it at the top of the screen when I host the game, which again worked last time. :confused:
Maybe we ought to try it again to see?  (Or if someone knows what I might have done wrong, please let me know.)
Also, if I use the tracker, do I simply enter in the port 28342, start the game, and others will find it with the tracker, or do I need to do something else?  I read the info on the Descent Site but I'm still confused.

In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Try it, start a tracker game and i'l join.

Edit: Ugh, i'm getting 0 trackers found, they must be down or somthing, i had 2 yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 06:42:43 pm by FireCrack »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think you gotta use the same port.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline watsisname

Editted (again):  We still need at least one more player for CTF and/or Entropy.  If you are interested and available between Thursday and Saturday sometime between 11pm and 5am Eastern time, please let us know and state what the most convenient time(s) for you would be.  (FYI Eastern time = Greenwich minus 5 hours) :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:39:59 pm by watsisname »

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ugh, i'm in, looks like i missed you, i'l stay in for the next while, hope someone drops by.

Also, i cant move again :(
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Ulala

We're getting some weird issues with the packets I think? And we had two Nicks in the game, but one of them was not Nick...  :blah:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, why did you guys leave though? i played with gunther for a while.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Where is the server? I saw it a minute ago with four people and was about to join but it seems to have disappeared. :confused:

We're getting some weird issues with the packets I think? And we had two Nicks in the game, but one of them was not Nick...

That seems to be a common problem. I had it happen to me when we played the very first time. In fact, there were three Nicks on the scoreboard a few days ago. :D

Hmm... strange.  I set it up the same way that I had for the last time we played, which worked out ok.  And I'm not sure what the ip would be otherwise.  It displays it at the top of the screen when I host the game, which again worked last time.
Maybe we ought to try it again to see?  (Or if someone knows what I might have done wrong, please let me know.)
Also, if I use the tracker, do I simply enter in the port 28342, start the game, and others will find it with the tracker, or do I need to do something else?  I read the info on the Descent Site but I'm still confused.

Try www.whatismyip.com and see if it gives you something different. I'm guessing it places your game on the tracker automatically if you start a tracker game instead of a normal IP game, but I don't really know.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, but this time I was one of the nicks...

And now there's a nick player profile when i start the gmae  :confused: :confused:

Trackers eem to be back up, h've hosted a game, someone try joining.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:45:55 pm by FireCrack »
actualy, mabye not.

Offline watsisname

The "multiple Nick syndrome" seems to stem from the game allowing me to join a game with short packets, because AFAIK it only occurs when I get that message and join the game.

Where is the server? I saw it a minute ago with four people and was about to join but it seems to have disappeared. :confused:

Everyone left all of a sudden, so I left as well.  I'll start a game now (if there isn't one already), and use my actual ip adress this time.  (Yeah, you were right, www.whatismyip.com gave me a different number.)  It's 71.126.129.146
Port should be the same.

Yeah, but this time I was one of the nicks...

And now there's a nick player profile when i start the gmae :confused: :confused:

Trackers eem to be back up, h've hosted a game, someone try joining.

1:  Yeah, Ulala was a Nick in an earlier game.
2:  WTF?
3:  Yeah, I'll join in (if not then I'll host that game I said I would for a little while)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:54:11 pm by watsisname »