Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 186844 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
I'm not sure if you guys are the right people to implement this, but I for one would like the ability to simultaneously fire two or more primaries on the ship flown near the end of part one (the Uriel?).  It's a little thing, but synced rapier/gatlings would be sweet.  Also I really want the Shivans to secretly be using Naomi to sabotage humanity.  I know they probably aren't but that would just be sweet.

We actually got a feature coded into the engine specifically to disable that ability. The reason is that you can't link any given two weapons; you have to either link none or all three. And nobody wants to link the Archer in with whatever else they're carrying.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
But he means specifically linking the other two weapons but leaving out the Archer.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We could poke at that. It would need code-side alterations.

Offline ION3

Here's another  idea for a missile:

It's very fast and maneuverable, but it does low damage. It's very small but can be carried i great number and has high firing rate. It's heat seeking.

Think:

capacity:Tornado
speed and tracking:better than tornado
range:2500
lock-on:Rockeye
Damage:half of a single tornado
firing speed:tempest

The point is: If this missile is fired at you it will almost certainly hit. But it's damage is so low you don't bother. Still it can be carried in great number and fired at a high rate. But the damage is so low, that it takes a long time to take someone down and you are out of ammo very fast. But if you really need to get someone down and the ammo expense and the time spend isn't important this is the missile that will get the job done. What it can also be used for is finishing of targets, which are too far away for primary weapons and don't have enough health to warant you wasting your time on. Remember that manicore which gets away without shield and 8% hull which dodges everything you shoot at it? This missile is the answer. So it's mainly of use against interceptors and scouts. It also saves you time, because it gets to the target very fast in such situations. The main use of this missile, though is intercepting warheads. Which it can because of it's fast targeting high speed high range and high firing rate.

It's mainly for heavy fighters like the Herc2 which need the range due to their low speed. which often have an interceptor problem and which have the secondary capacity to cope with the high ammo use. (maybe it should be made incompatible with bombers)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:23:00 pm by ION3 »

Isn't that what the Dart is?

Offline Madcat

So, basically a Dart with greater range and the option to fire single missiles instead of salvos...?

Now I actually have a big wish for part2:
After flying the Kentauroi Race with the Lao Tze instead of the Kentauroi and consistently being more than 20 seconds faster with it, I'd seriously like to fly the Lao Tze in at least one mission in part 2. Preferably one where the speed and maneuverability can be put to good use.
Because when flying the Lao Tze, the Kentauroi Race is pure adrenalin! And it's great fun!

Maybe hunt someone through hollow asteroids in the mining belt, or fly into the Death Star over Endo... oh wait. :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:36:15 pm by Madcat »

Offline ION3

Isn't that what the Dart is?
A dart with single missiles greater range speed and tracking and less ammo. Note that the amount fired at a second would be lower despite the higher firing rate. It was originally thought up for the gtva in retail freespace.

Concerning Ideas:
I think we have too many fighters with two medium sized gunbanks and two medium sized missile banks.

Ideas would be:
Secondary sizes in tornadoes.
Keep in mind that the numbers are meant to balance in retail fs2 and not in WIH so you would need accordingly higher numbers. (I think gunpoint-creep and secondary-capacity-creep can be a problem)

laser: 1,2,3 secondary: 80,16  Theres always use for a single stiletto or a small amount of tempests.

laser: 6,1 secondary: 16,16 High fire power, but you can choose only one main weapon. choose subach for bomber intercept or kayser for dogfighting. The single one could be something like a maxim for bomb interception and as a finisher, or a circe or akheton. (insert random fed weapon) This is a primary weapon ship, interceptor like, really agile, but weakly armored. Gameplay is mainly knowing when to strike. You spend most of the time dodging.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:20:23 pm by ION3 »

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
So, my dear General (and all the team) !

I will feel like like a **** if I ask other things like the dream you put in your work.

I know, there are some technologic issue (wrong models that beats FPS on some computer, some mission who are almost unbeatable even in very easy mode  :D...)

But you've done already amazing work. I know the general plot wont be changed, and it's good at all. You're knowing where you're going  :)

Just, another time : make us dream. And thank you for this great work already done !

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english, specially tonight (or today, or this morning...) , I'm drunk  :nervous:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Darius

That fast-firing missile sounds a lot like Steve-O's original Storm Fire missile.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
something like the hurricane from INF1 would be fun.  and before you say hellfire, MOAR SPEED.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Kolgena

The Feyadeen to be at LEAST as badass as SOC. I want some arcs reminiscent of the 99th Skulls. Laporte would probably be up for it with her bloodlust and all, eh?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Feyadeen to be at LEAST as badass as SOC. I want some arcs reminiscent of the 99th Skulls. Laporte would probably be up for it with her bloodlust and all, eh?

I thought the Knights of the White Brotherhood were Ubuntu's SOC. :confused:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Nope, check the wiki article.

Also, read the what is ubuntu dossier thing on the bpsite and click the one regarding the Fedayeen, it explains the bare bones of it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I thought the Knights of the White Brotherhood were Ubuntu's SOC. :confused:
I think they're kind of like the praetorian guard for the Elders.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Don't think they really have a reason to be that good. They usually operate against the population at large if anyone.

This is like comparing the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and the KGB. They fulfil the same functions in theory, but in practice...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well they may have had some rudimentary experience against the gefs.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The Fedayeen serve a significantly larger purpose than that. But nobody on the team should say more.

Don't think they really have a reason to be that good. They usually operate against the population at large if anyone.

This is like comparing the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and the KGB. They fulfil the same functions in theory, but in practice...
Spoiler:
The Fedayeen rescued Laporte's ship with a Karuna, not a Corsair or two.
I think it is safe to assume the Fedayeen are not internal security forces, and have significantly more resources than anyone besides the Council of Elders is aware of.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Spoiler:
Narayana actually.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The Fedayeen serve a significantly larger purpose than that. But nobody on the team should say more.
Fine. :P