Author Topic: Hello-thread and suggestions  (Read 2097 times)

Hello-thread and suggestions
Hello everybody!

I just registered and wanted to say hello! I am a hardened WC-fan who played Wing Commander I on its release day (still have the disks flying around somewhere) and also followed every sequel.

I love WC and I liked Freespace very much and now you came and combined them... I think I really wanted to say thanks for Your amazing work.

I just played the prologue and I have to say you nailed the atmosphere of WC perfectly. I still have some suggestions and questions. If they were already posted I apologize, because I haven't read through the whole forum yet.

1. I think you desperately need to insert some movement indicators like flying stars or debris. At least at my computer there was no indication of movement when I flew which made especially the autopilot sequences very long, because they were practically a screenshot with a number counting down the distance. I think every WC and Freespace game had some sort of movement indicators, didn't they?

2. Concerning the movies: Do you plan to insert your own live footage? I am currently with a film project that could provide a few cockpit shot of Scifi Marines or crew members. Would you be interested in such things?

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Hello-thread and suggestions
Thanks for the flowers ^_^

About point two...personaly I would love to. Don't know how it would fit into our current plans as I don't have the time to do any CGI stuff currently.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
About point one... in the Launcher, try unchecking "Disable motion debris", in the "Features" tab, under the list type "Graphics".  :p  Oh, and,
:welcomeblue:

Allright, in the launcher...yeah okay that was too easy (I am sooo blind from time to time...)

About the videos...just yell if you need a sample or something like this, you'll get it... ;7