Author Topic: Possible CloneWar campgian as demo?  (Read 3741 times)

Possible CloneWar campgian as demo?
hay I was thinking that if we were to do a Clone War campgian for the Demo then that would get some people intrested in the mod, and we got all the ships we need just go get Ep3 and play StarWars Jedi StarFighter, and one ship from the X-wing Roge Squadron, for the Republic fleet I got some pic's so thats all good, and I got some nifty looking ships like transports for the Republic as well as a new bomber for them that I made up but fits in well with the SW univerce.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Just do the trilogy

Originally posted by Shiva Archon
Just do the trilogy

Thats the idea we should start there then move on up and with SW beeing soo big, we could esly come up with a cool story.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Razor

Excelent idea. Only one thing. There is no Jedi Star fighter for PC so it would be very hard to extract the models. However, maybe I can get something done about those ships, if I am made a team member. Karma?

I was looking in the bargin rack in Stop and Save Software (all 3 computer store in mall are controlled by Electronic Boutique) and I had in my hands Starfighter for PC... Under $20.00
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
There are very few new spaceships seen in Episode II. There's really only the Jedi Starfighter and the Troop Transport.

We're working on a Trilogy demo with ten or so ships and a couple of missions. An Episode I demo may also show up before too long, if we're lucky.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
We will be releasing a demo, but unfortunately it won't be the Clone Wars. KARMA has a strongly anti-poaching standpoint, and I must say I agree with him. We'd have to create all those models by hand, whereas we already have quite a few original trilogy ships ready to go.

Depending on time, community interest and difficulty levels, once the original trilogy era ships are done, we will quite possibly do an 'Expansion Pack' of sorts for the previous Trilogy. Just not right now.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
this is may opnion:
original trilogy was superb for inventing a new style in sci-fi, the concepts of the original ships are...well...something incredible
in ep1-ep2 i have very big problems in finding something that can be remotedly compared to what we have seen in the original trilogy:)
people loves original trilogy's atmosphere, surely more than the new one (at least...I do:p)
so we just give precedence to original trilogy than ep 1-2
we found anyway others that recreated the new ships for other games, we surely may ask permission to use their stuff and try to convert to freespace
oh and about the membership i already sent request, but i think that the hlp guys already have a lot to do with the census
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 08:16:25 am by 433 »

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Star Dragon
I was looking in the bargin rack in Stop and Save Software (all 3 computer store in mall are controlled by Electronic Boutique) and I had in my hands Starfighter for PC... Under $20.00

Is that Starfighter, or Jedi Starfighter? Starfighter is more Ep I based.

I wasnt paying much attention beyond price. I looked at the back and figurered  I wasn't interested.
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Originally posted by KARMA
this is may opnion:
original trilogy was superb for inventing a new style in sci-fi, the concepts of the original ships are...well...something incredible
in ep1-ep2 i have very big problems in finding something that can be remotedly compared to what we have seen in the original trilogy:)
people loves original trilogy's atmosphere, surely more than the new one (at least...I do:p)
so we just give precedence to original trilogy than ep 1-2
we found anyway others that recreated the new ships for other games, we surely may ask permission to use their stuff and try to convert to freespace
oh and about the membership i already sent request, but i think that the hlp guys already have a lot to do with the census

well pout me in charge of it then I will make things that only work with the original trilogy's atmosphere, and some others.