Author Topic: WC Piranha preview.  (Read 18312 times)

Heres a preview shot of the Piranha that Starman01 wanted.  Its far from done yet, I got nearly all the texture detail work converted now just needs tweaking, dirtying and detailing.  Its hard to get a good of whats what on a blurry 256*256 texture.

That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's already dirty and detailed. :wtf: are your eyes going bad? that is high quality maps you have there.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's already dirty and detailed. :wtf: are your eyes going bad? that is high quality maps you have there.

Wow. Just wow. You can't even show enthusiasm for something without making an insult.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
um, i was trying to say that his maps were really good, and wondering why he thinks they're blurry?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Sorry about the confusion  :( :(

This was the 256*256 blurry texture I was talking about.

I do all my large texture mapping at 2048*2048 then resize to 1024*1024 for in-game.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wow, Scooby, that looks awesome. :):yes:

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Awesome :)

Two minor nitpicks though there are not absolutly necessary. I would round up the nose a little, and give the turrets in the sidepylons some more cylinder like appearance. There were just blocks in the old WCP model because of the poly-limitiation, but it shouldn't hurt SCP to be a a little more detailed (and also the laser and the stormfire-cannon below the nose).

The fun part is, with your awesome model I don't have to make myself a headache in creating an uv-map, so thanks :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Wow, you need to come do some of your UV mapping for the BSG project. :D
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Heres an update.
LOD 0 is becoming rather heavy with the polycount... little over 3000  :nervous:  :nervous:  Fortunately Lod 1 returns back to little over 1000
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:54:55 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sorry about the confusion  :( :(

This was the 256*256 blurry texture I was talking about.

I do all my large texture mapping at 2048*2048 then resize to 1024*1024 for in-game.

Bah, I'm not a skinner, so I didn't see what you were talking about. :nervous:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It can be a side-effect of texture baking sometimes, bump-mapping doesn't lend itself all too well to baking, you'll see the most pronouned effect with diagonal lines, which can look very non-aliased and jagged, especially on smaller maps :(

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
pretty good work there.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

UGH I would so screenshots but now whenever I go to weapon selection the whole game crashes.  This is going to be a pain finding the cause  :hopping:  :mad:

Edit: ok fs2 debug is asserting on this:
Assert: currline_dest < WEAPON_DESC_MAX_LINES
File: c:\fs2_open\code\missionui\missionweaponchoice.cpp
Line: 3294
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 00a216c5()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 00a1f933()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 006e437f()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 0089b821()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 006e57e5()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 006e5a69()
    fs2_open_d-20060306.exe 00b64887()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
------------------------------------------------------------------

I've set all the +Tech Descriptions to XSTR ("", 3247)$end_multi_text
and +Description:  XSTR ("", -1)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:52:34 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
do you have models for weapon select enabled? you might have too many gun and missile points.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do you have $end_multi_text lines in proper places? For example after the +Description:  XSTR ("", -1) entry?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

I think I might have found at least one of the reasons why I'm having this problem... I ripped up nearly everything...
I noticed that if I replaced the custom weapons  the original ones (keyser and prom) in the ship table file everything worked ok.
I then took a Sidearm weapon data and slightly adjusted it bit-by-bit into this

This works:
Code: [Select]
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Tachyon Cannon
;
$Name: @Tachyon Cannon
+Title: XSTR("Tachyon Cannon", -1)
+Description:
XSTR(
"Standard Issue
Level 3 Hull Damage
Level 3 Shield Damage", -1)
$end_multi_text

+Tech Title: XSTR("Tachyon Cannon", -1)
+Tech Anim:                     Tech_Subach_HL-7
+Tech Description: XSTR("", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Model File: none
@Laser Bitmap: newglo9
@Laser Glow: 2_laserglow03
@Laser Color: 250, 0, 0
@Laser Color2: 0, 0, 250
@Laser Length: 10.0
@Laser Head Radius: 0.90
@Laser Tail Radius: 0.90

$Mass: 0.2
$Velocity: 1000.0
$Fire Wait: 0.3

$Damage: 45
$Armor Factor: 1.2
$Shield Factor: 1
$Subsystem Factor: 1.2

$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 5.333
$Cargo Size: 0.0
$Homing: NO

$LaunchSnd: 192
$ImpactSnd: 85
+Weapon Range: 100000

$Flags: ("in tech database" "player allowed" "stream")

$Icon: iconSD4
$Anim: SD4
$Impact Explosion: none

#end

This doesn't
Code: [Select]
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Tachyon Cannon
;
$Name: @Tachyon Cannon
+Title: XSTR("Tachyon Cannon", -1)
+Description:
XSTR("", -1)
$end_multi_text

+Tech Title: XSTR("Tachyon Cannon", -1)
+Tech Anim:                     Tech_Subach_HL-7
+Tech Description: XSTR("", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Model File: none
@Laser Bitmap: newglo9
@Laser Glow: 2_laserglow03
@Laser Color: 250, 0, 0
@Laser Color2: 0, 0, 250
@Laser Length: 10.0
@Laser Head Radius: 0.90
@Laser Tail Radius: 0.90

$Mass: 0.2
$Velocity: 1000.0
$Fire Wait: 0.3

$Damage: 45
$Armor Factor: 1.2
$Shield Factor: 1
$Subsystem Factor: 1.2

$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 5.333
$Cargo Size: 0.0
$Homing: NO

$LaunchSnd: 192
$ImpactSnd: 85
+Weapon Range: 100000

$Flags: ("in tech database" "player allowed" "stream")

$Icon: iconSD4
$Anim: SD4
$Impact Explosion: none

#end

Notice the +Description..

Is this my fault or should this go into mantis?

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
 :eek2: dude you have skills no doubt about that. This is going on the first page. Keep up the awesome work  :yes:
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Scooby_Doo, try putting spaces throughout the tables, like $Name: @Tachyon Cannon

and put the line after +Description with +Description. :)

Oh my! Thanks Windrunner! people actually like my work LOL

As for the Description problem... for the moment i just pasted the weapons name into the description.. that seems to solve the problem.

Heres some in-game shots in windowed debug mode. One thing I've noticed at least with the ancient Geforce 2 it's not the polycount that kills it, it's the multi-texturing.

The Pirahna seems to rather sluggish in-game... at least with Surrender Bel... course this computer fits into the "too slow" category.

Also question...is there an easier way to create/modify vp's instead of doing vpmake then vpmage?