Author Topic: What The.....  (Read 8993 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6212902.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6212902

Asteroids....The Movie?!?

Edit: I suppose at the very least, the writers have a clean slate to work with...

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Shortly into the movie they'll run out of lives and the audience will need to insert more money to continue. Or they might have all walked out by that point.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The most realistic 2D vector graphics ever put on-screen!!!1!1

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
 :eek2:

It'll probably be better than most of the tripe out there.  :drevil:

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
I'm still patiently waiting for the day when Hollywood realizes that movie adaptations of games just aren't worth it anymore.

I suppose this proves I'll be waiting even longer than I thought.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't even begin to think about the plot of this particular movie, if they can pull this off then WOW
el hombre vicio...

Offline Davros

I hope they stay faithful to the original

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I hope they stay faithful to the original

You win the thread.  :lol:

Offline eliex

Same with Rodo, I find it hard bordering on impossible to think up of a decent plot for the movie. Perhaps someone will just realize that some things can't be done.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Somewhere in Hollywood, a starving screenwriter burns the last copy of his amazing but unmarketable script to stay warm..
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Somewhere in Hollywood, a starving screenwriter burns the last copy of his amazing but unmarketable script to stay warm..

There's one problem with your theory: A portal to Hell is located in the center of Hollywood. It's never cold there.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
There's one problem with your theory: A portal to Hell is located in the center of Hollywood. It's never cold there.
True, but the US has a black president in office. Hell has well and truly frozen over.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Do not presume to know what Hell is like, fool!

Hell will have no fire, burning rock, or stalagmites/stalagtites. Hell will be just above freezing, raining, and with deep, sticky mud that makes movement next to impossible. You will never be warm or dry there.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline eliex

Either way, it won't be the first place you think of travelling to when looking for a vacation.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
That's why they call it hell.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

I'm not sure, but hell for me would probably involve Sarah Palin being elected to presidency.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's the composer I feel sorry for...

'Burb.....burb....burb....oooOOOOooooOOOOoooo.... burb....burb'

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Dunno about the plot, but it should be interesting if they're hoping to include the flying saucers and hyperspace jumps.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
To be honest, I think this actually has the potential to be the best game tie-in ever. Let's face it, the reason most movies of computer games are tripe is because they attempt to follow the plot and/or characterisation of the game and adapt it to the completely different medium of the cinema. This is a recipe for disaster because things that work well in a game rarely work well in a movie.

With Asteroids however they have a virtually clean sheet. All they have to do is nick the plot line from The Last Starfighter and they've got a possible hit on their hands. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You have a good point.  There's literally no previous continuity or characterization that they could possibly screw up, so they can basically do whatever the hell they want with it. :p