Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270064 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The purists woudl rage if the Mechs would get different stats compared to canon.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Am I the only one here who does not give a dang about the canon mechs and wishes Mechwarrior devs had the balls to add some of their own to the myriad?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I doubt they can afford something like that when they're already in the red in term of public trust.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I think what irks most people is the fact that they've started a preorder for Clan-Mechs although they still don't know how to balance them out

They've said since the start they intend to make Clan weapons different, rather than the statistically amazing monstrosities they are in tabletop. Literally since the beginning when people asked that before the game even exited alpha.

I don't know where you've been.

"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I think what irks most people is the fact that they've started a preorder for Clan-Mechs although they still don't know how to balance them out

They've said since the start they intend to make Clan weapons different, rather than the statistically amazing monstrosities they are in tabletop. Literally since the beginning when people asked that before the game even exited alpha.

I've joined the game only two months ago, but that's what I've read among other things on the forums. The fact that PGI plan to balance Clan Tech by nerfing does not sit well with some players. It's impossible to please everyone, of course. But Clan balancing is only one issue. The bigger ones are that Clans are already announced for a fixed date (17 June 2014), but there is still not much to see of CW, for instance.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
You know what?  We already get games stacked 10v12 against because the matchmaker derps... why do they fear specialized queuing so much?  I would love to drop in a 10v12 Clan vs IS match.  That would be frakking awesome.  Either fight the good, yet unwinnable fight, or claim great honor on the field.  It's not like doomsday weapons absolutely must be nerfed to make them acceptable.  Make them rare, make people fight for them via trials and possible salvage.  If you dump them into the current game without any new mechanics, the only way to handle it is tweaking.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

They've talked about a lot of features they intend to implement.

I don't trust a damned thing the MWO devs say. Their actions are all that matter at this point.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know what?  We already get games stacked 10v12 against because the matchmaker derps... why do they fear specialized queuing so much?  I would love to drop in a 10v12 Clan vs IS match.  That would be frakking awesome.  Either fight the good, yet unwinnable fight, or claim great honor on the field.  It's not like doomsday weapons absolutely must be nerfed to make them acceptable.  Make them rare, make people fight for them via trials and possible salvage.  If you dump them into the current game without any new mechanics, the only way to handle it is tweaking.

Sounds good in theory. But sooner or later the rare stops being rare as more and more people get them.

Now personally I wouldn't mind it at all if hte devs experimented and whatever they wanted. I never took the MW universe as a sacred cow anyway, given that it was initially nothing more than a bunch of things blatantly stolen from other IP's and given it's own name. Granted, over the years it evolved into having it's own identity, but at least for me, it wasn't a "strong" universe.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Am I the only one here who does not give a dang about the canon mechs and wishes Mechwarrior devs had the balls to add some of their own to the myriad?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that, based on past results, I would very much not like the devs to grow some balls.  There becomes a point where even dedication and determination will not overcome incompetence.  PGI passed that around the time ghost heat started.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that, based on past results, I would very much not like the devs to grow some balls.  There becomes a point where even dedication and determination will not overcome incompetence.  PGI passed that around the time ghost heat started.
I disagree, if only because their concept artist and modelers are absolutely great at their job.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
when it comes to sound and mechs: yes
but for map design? Noooooo
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

Besides, there are hundreds of mechs in BT universe, of almost every possible shape and size. Why invent new ones? OK, MW4:Mercs guys did so, and their additions were pretty neat, but they weren't anything stellar, either, and got a bit drowned in the sea of canon designs they also added.
However, I certainly wouldn't be against incorporating lesser known designs or even giving new visuals to old, neglected "unseen" mechs. That's the best place to be creative about mech design, since they actually have to differ from the original design as much as possible while maintaining it's "spirit".

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Instead of announcing the Clans they should have ****in' given us a Reseen Marauder.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
But then all the grognards who can't get over the fact that the Unseen are no longer the only 'Mechs around would complain.

And we can't have complaining in MWO, now, you hear.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'd like to complain about this complaining. I think that complaining about complaints is a ridiculous complaint and complaining shouldn't be complained about. :P

In other news, I'm going back to MW4 Mercs. Dakkannihilator, anyone? :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Living Legends. :( :sigh:

It only goes to show that good games are made by people who want to play, not by someone who seeks to make money.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Unseen should stay dead.
They were direct and blatant steals and best everyone forgots they ever existed.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
They were direct and blatant steals and best everyone forgots they ever existed.

errrr, yes but no.  while they were originally created for other IPs they were I believe user with the original artists permission as per Japanese copyright/IP law
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Get out. They were often quite close, but not direct save one or two.

(That and Heavy Gear stole the Scopedog, watchugonnado?)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Oh please. Battletech ripped of Robotech/Macross so much it wasn't even funny.