Author Topic: Post Raider Wars bug reports here  (Read 20803 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Post Raider Wars bug reports here
It should work just as fine with a retail build then as well.

Should, but doesn't. The versions match, too - that is, debug 3.6.5, regular 3.6.5. On the retail, it starts the music, hitches, dumps FS2 almost into a window - that is I see my desktop and a 1024x768 black box in the upper-left corner indicating it's considering windowed mode, and then eventually it coughs out the CTD.
I think what's actually happening is it's generating the CTD and it exits ... less than cleanly.

Debug, worked fine first try, then I switched back to the regular EXE and it's been well-behaved ever since.

I've got no idea why it's doing that...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Only :devil: knows.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I can confirm the same behavior as Alphakiller. Debug build works find, ordinary build blows up in the same way he describes...

I notice once in the mission, if I hit F4, the objective text for the second objective merely states "mission objective text" instead of 'protect civilians" as it does on the HUD. Perhaps this is related to the CTD problem?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 09:30:32 am by 1537 »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Mr. Fury

This is a FEATURE. Three races is not enough for TBP.

Check the brefing icon chart in documentation.

You do realize you can alter what class displays when you click on it, correct?

It's not a feature, it's a god-awful crapout on the part of the FREDder.

EDIT: I am attempting to make a demonstration of this...unfortunately the FRED build distributed with TBP hates my computer. It goes under "Ship Type" in the briefing icon creation dialogues.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 12:21:27 pm by 2191 »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Edited. Never mind, I got what  ngtm1r meant.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 12:24:43 pm by 173 »

Offline rynadrk

In the mission after "Hell and Back" (RW-08 I think) when I try to commit TBP crashes to desktop.  It doesn't give an error or anything.

I'm running it on:
C:\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_r.exe -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -cell -pcx2dds -d3d_no_vsync -orbradar -3dwarp -tbpwarpeffects -snd_preload -fps  -ambient_factor 60

with 640x480x16 bit

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Do what Alphakiller did and use a debug build, for a reason only devil knows it worked.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/fs2_open_3_6_5_debug.exe

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by rynadrk
In the mission after "Hell and Back" (RW-08 I think) when I try to commit TBP crashes to desktop.  It doesn't give an error or anything.

I'm running it on:
C:\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_r.exe -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -cell -pcx2dds -d3d_no_vsync -orbradar -3dwarp -tbpwarpeffects -snd_preload -fps  -ambient_factor 60

with 640x480x16 bit

Remove -pcx32... its realy just a waste of memory, and -cell... it does nothing useful anymore.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, and since it's a rather major end-of-campaign plot point, I'll put it in rot13:

Jura Revf vf gnxvat bire lbhe jvatzra'f zvaqf nf lbh punfr ure naq gur Zrqhfn qbja, bapr V xvyy Revf gurl qba'g erireg onpx gb sevraqyvrf. Vg frrzf yvxr vg FUBHYQ qb guvf, ohg vg qbrfa'g. Vagragvbany be abg?

http://www.rot13.com

Offline rynadrk

Okay, now with the debugger the mission loads up when I Commit but when the Raiders jump in I get a different error:

Warning: Ship 'RA Cloak' has turrets with no guns!
Probably a model problem, so get an artist!
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Ship\AiCode.cpp
Line: 12344

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 77e962b6()

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Well, now i see that the mission 'Slipping the Noose" appears to have no failure debreifing.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
EDIT: Scratch that. Unfortunately, the mission crashes shortly after the destruction of PSI wing...I can't get a look at the debugger window before it CTDs and no error window pops up.

EDIT 2: I'm looking at the mission in FRED...I can't see what's causing the problem, but I'm not sure quite where it's happening.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 06:38:29 pm by 2191 »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

In the Mission "Pre-Emptive Measures Pt.1", the Hermes always jumps out before I can approach it, so I can't finish the mission.(This is after I completed all objectives)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 08:50:14 pm by 904 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by rynadrk
Okay, now with the debugger the mission loads up when I Commit but when the Raiders jump in I get a different error:

Warning: Ship 'RA Cloak' has turrets with no guns!
Probably a model problem, so get an artist!
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Ship\AiCode.cpp
Line: 12344

Call stack:
    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 77e962b6()

Install the 3.1 update.

Offline rynadrk

Well I reinstalled R3.1 and it worked.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Aggressor_Squad
In the Mission "Pre-Emptive Measures Pt.1", the Hermes always jumps out before I can approach it, so I can't finish the mission.(This is after I completed all objectives)

Don't press ALT-J until directed to do so.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Might not be a real bug, but, in the first mission I managed to disable the raider carrier before it jumped out. Needless to say the thing eventually winded up dead. At one point, I saw the station being blown up, failed the primary objective yet I was allowed to proceed to the next mission. Well, this was it it so far.
Howdy!

Offline Burns

So i ran the debugger in that mission but it was all screwed up, the raiders blow up the station, but the mission doesnt end in failure and just suddenly jumps to another mission... im confused.
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Haha. :D
You receive a few blue messages which are displayed in the center of your HUD. Read those messages and you will understand. Also, the mission name is a good hint too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 12:44:40 pm by 173 »