Author Topic: The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!  (Read 23690 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!
Extract the missions and rename the mission files is the easiest way.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If all you want to do is play them in the techroom -allslev is better.

If you're planning on changing them in any way then better to extract and rename since you have to do the first of those anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You know someone should document all those incredibly useful flags. Or I should make an effort to find the document.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, perhaps someone should make an effort to find the document and make it easily available.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Thanks for the flag it worked, but they are under campaign he he (I only extracted the missions not the camp one. I am not renaming anything, if things work I don't mess with them :)

Gonna pimp this around more l8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i just finished Raider Wars, and i'm playing it again for the hell of it, and i keep getting this bug.

:wtf:

(That's mission 1 by the way)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Rynok

Just installed in a separate folder as suggested and this is ripping...but...in all missions of EMW 2.0 and the first five missions of RW 2.0/2.01 the ship type -- the model that displays when the icon is clicked -- of a very large majority of briefing icons is incorrect. Many of the planet, jump gate and big ship icons have EA Auroras assigned but there does not seem to be a pattern.

Later: it's every icon in the missions mentioned. This has got to be some kind of systemic thing.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's a flaw in FS2_Open not TBP. The icon handling was set up to support Freespace when [V] made it and as a result is an ugly hack when used in TBP.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by karajorma
It's a flaw in FS2_Open not TBP. The icon handling was set up to support Freespace when [V] made it and as a result is an ugly hack when used in TBP.

Umm, what was the problem with this?  It looks like the ship classes are just set wrong in the mission.  I tried changing them back by hand and they work fine in-game.  Making the change in FRED2_Open works fine too.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think you'll have to take that up with someone on the team but the icons haven't worked from as far back as R1.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
No, they can be made to work correctly, I've altered a few of the TBP missions myself.

It almost looks like the FREDders can't be arsed, to be honest. I've mentioned the problem to Mr.Fury before; I don't know if anything was ever done.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rynok

Thank you, Sir K. Is it possible you are referring to the "icon images", the green and red fellows? I perceive that FS briefings are set up for three species and the icon image assigments in many-factioned TBP are slightly wicky. That's cool.

The problem I'm seeing is the rotating model that displays when the icon is clicked. On page three of the briefing in RW-01 there are quite fine TBP briefing icons for Alpha and Beta Wings. When clicked they show rotating MF Sharlin models. I've flown the mission. I'm definitely not flying a Minbari War Cruiser.

I've edited the mission in fred2_open 3.6.5. I've changed the MF Sharlins to EA Auroras. When I fly the mission from the tech room and click on Alpha or Beta Wing briefing icons, the EA Auroras display and rotate with elegant perfection. I am mystified how the ship type (not icon image) of every briefing icon in a campaign by highly skilled fredders could be incorrect. Either there is something completely haywire here or I have gone completely barmy.

EDIT: Didn't see n's post. Will cancel appointment with psychiatrist. Would suggest for the enlightenment of fs2ers like me who are not familiar with B5 that these icons be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 03:46:45 am by 983 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I think this was a limitation in vanilla FRED2. But now it is really up to the fredders to change those icon references afterwards they put the icon in place. Most would prefer to disable that clickable icon feature alltogether though, if it was an option.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 03:53:54 am by 173 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Rynok
I am mystified how the ship type (not icon image) of every briefing icon in a campaign by highly skilled fredders could be incorrect.

As the fredder who painstakingly set up those briefings so they looked as cool as possible, and tested them, repeatedly, I am mystified too. In fact I just tested them again and, erm... what exactly is the problem? They all work fine! :wtf:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 04:28:41 am by 43 »

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I have been reading these posts here about these briefing icons. And I don't know what the hell is going on. What is so mystical?

But I'm fairly sure this has not been explained here yet.

The thing with the icons is that in FS2, for example you wanted to show a fighter wing icon. The ship the icon points to, not only shows you the rotating ship in the briefing, but also chooses the species the icon represents.
There's ashema and the briefing shows you the Shivan icon. There's apollo and the briefing shows you the Terran icon.
So there are total of three icons showing fighter wing, and the species tag in the ships.tbl defines wich icon to the game uses.

But in TBP there is need for more icons. So the team came up with a brilliant idea. For example the Terran version of fighter wing icon doesn't show fighter wing anymore, but shows another ship (Hyperion or something, I dont remember what). And Shivan version of the fighter wing icon shows entirely different ship icon (lets say it's a Zephyr).

So you see? The ship the icon is assigned to has no other use but to define the species. Terran, Vasudan or Shivan.
So don't go around clicking the damn icons 'cos you won't be seeing things you want.

(And if anyone understood what I just told you, I will be most happy)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Rynok

Originally posted by IPAndrews
what exactly is the problem? They all work fine!

I misunderstood the objective of the icons. Did not mean to be critical.

Originally posted by Prophet
(And if anyone understood what I just told you, I will be most happy)

Thank you. It makes perfect sense (and I am happy too). When that Sharlin is changed to an Aurora the icon image does change.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Rynok
When that Sharlin is changed to an Aurora the icon image does change.

So not possible with fred2_open then either. My bad.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
This discussion is really messing with my mind. None of your posts really made any sense to me. I was about to run home and test the damn thing myself. Just in case someone had secretly fixed the code or something. :nervous:

But I am slowly beginning to relax now...
To imagine something like that about FRED that I wouldn't know... Makes me all tingly, the bad way.... :shaking:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What we need is either: A, the ability to customize both the number and type of categories within the icons table, so that we can actually align fighters, cap ships, transports, and allow additional, mulitple capship entries, or B, use mutli-species code (if this is possible) combined with the icons table to allow additional slots per class, so we can have like:

Capital-1

EA: Nova
CR: Vorchan
NR: G'Quan
MF: Sharlin
SH: Battlecrabb
VE: Cruiser

Capital-2

EA: Omega
CR: Primus

You get the idea.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Rynok

Workaround:

Create dummy ships in ships.tbl with alternate species flags. A Vasudan-flagged EA Aurora could be assigned to the Friendly Fighter Wing icon. Perfect use for modular tables.

Just a thought.