Author Topic: Awakening of the Beast - Screens!!!  (Read 7513 times)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Re: Awakening of the Beast - Screens!!!
Just to finish out the grammar lesson, "...and when sounding like A, as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh', and in 'weird', which is."

Neither? Seismic? Seize?
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
 :wtf: So how's the campaign going?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

I'm hoping................
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
hmm... the most irritating cartoon character of all time. Nice ;)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

:pimp:

IST IT READY IS IT READY???? ARE WE THERE YET????

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
well... since there is a lot of changes coming with the 3.4 release I don't see any reason in a pre-3.4-release of AotB
I'm sorry on that but that's way it will go
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That's very sensible.

ok guys thanks for the information.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Actually I feel a bit like that with this one. This and Machina Terra.

Ok. So I am a big fred noob here. But what happens when you've created a campaign and a new version comes out?
I'm making my own right now and I am about halfway finished. Is all of my work going to be wasted when 3.4 comes out? How do you upgrade all of your missions to work for a new release version?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
But what happens when you've created a campaign and a new version comes out?
Is all of my work going to be wasted when 3.4 comes out?

when a new version comes out only the core files will change; your mission will still run fine --
there might be some issuses though caused by the changes to core files but they used to be minimal:
eg. when 3.3 was released in the early dev time of AotB everything was fine, except for half of the enemies being no longer present since the table references had changed in only one letter -- but if you know that it was putting it back together will be easy -- (who said one letter would not matter???)
But I once patched up some campaign for TBP I found in the Inet which was supposed to run with releases 1 or 2 (that were still depending on retail FS2) and it wasn't a lot of work since most of code and the tables hadn't changed were it was crutial (except the backgrounds)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."