Author Topic: More stuff on B5: The Lost Tales  (Read 7299 times)

Offline Slasher

More stuff on B5: The Lost Tales
There's a couple of new images up at the B5:TLT site.  The second of the two caught my eye:

http://www.babylon5scripts.com/Shot-From-Lost-Tales.jpg

I don't know if this is an actual capture of CGI that's going to be in the movie but if so it's interesting.  For one, the nebula have definitely been improved.  Also, it's been awhile since I've seen any of the episodes but I don't remember visible clouds on Epsilon III, so I wonder if they changed that too.  Very curious to see what other elements have been enhanced from the old 1990s effects.

Earth's best ships are not represented here.  Maybe they thought the cruiser and corvette made up for it.  :cool:

Also note the possible effects mishap: the Primus appears to be in the foreground relative to the Minbari ship.  The Sharlin's starboard fin goes behind the Centauri cruiser, making the Primus look much smaller than I think it's supposed to be.  I think the Hyperion/Midwinter has the same problem with the Vree ship, so this might be a quick composite thrown together for use as a promo image. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:05:20 am by Slasher »

Offline Mungrel

Re: More stuff on B5: The Lost Tales
Looks all out of proportion (Minbari ship). I think someone has messed up badly.

Though I may be mistaken, some Sharlins are not the same size I think. I don't know where it came from, but I read SOMEWHERE that the Black Star was considerably larger than your average Sharlin. Perhaps this ship is of similar purpose? Also, I recall something saying that a Sharlin was over a km LONG, not tall so it is possible that this thing is HUGE! Again, I don't know where I read it but it also said that Primus was quite small.... my mind tells me 600m but that certainly can't be true! I am SO looking forward to this new series.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but... :sigh:
* Since these photos are from the private collection of J. Michael Straczynski, we kindly request that none of these photos be reproduced, downloaded or posted anywhere else, including non-commercial & fan websites. Thank you for understanding.
I am not going to have someone stuff a fully loaded and charged PPG down my throat if someone enforcing that come here... :shaking:*Runs away*
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes their are different sized Sharlins, and a dog ate my homework.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Slasher

Original post edited so JMS doesn't summon the lawyer army.  This is the U.S. after all.  :nervous:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What did you edit? :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Slasher

I replaced the image in the first post with a link to the image.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yes their are different sized Sharlins, and a dog ate my homework.

Shargoti?

:p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Shargoti?

What? Did you just sneeze?

Offline Redrake

To me it looks like a common Sharlin, with a picture taken from near the Vree ship. Babylon 5 is far, thus the scale of the minbari cruiser is bigger. And Black Star was a flag ship, but this doesn't mean it was larger, it was just made of an elite crew. Remember, they jumped intro the middle of a EA fleet with deadly accuracy.

Offline Sktich

• The guy whos name should have been Skitch...^^

Shargoti?

:p

Shargoti-Class is not canon by the way...

Offline -Norbert-

Remember, they jumped intro the middle of a EA fleet with deadly accuracy.

Actually they didn't.
I know that was how they showed it in ITB, but in the series Sheridan told Ivannova "The Blackstar and two of their capital ships where destroyed".
Did you see any other Minbari ship in ITB in that attack?

IMO they just tryed to make Sheridan's victory more "honerable" and overlooked that little dialog above.

Offline Redrake

Actually they didn't.
I know that was how they showed it in ITB, but in the series Sheridan told Ivannova "The Blackstar and two of their capital ships where destroyed".
Did you see any other Minbari ship in ITB in that attack?

IMO they just tryed to make Sheridan's victory more "honerable" and overlooked that little dialog above.
That's because the episode "Points of Departure" was made before ITB. In the movie they didn't followed the exact events as depicted in the show. For example, the Soul Hunters who came when Dukhat was killed, were cut out from the movie. In ITB, even Sheridan says at some point that their fleet was searching for an ace cruiser and in the aftermath, general Lefcourt says that Blackstar was a minbari flagship.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In "Points of Departure" Sheridan also said that the asteroid field they were in, was the one between Mars and Jupiter.  Not so in ITB.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Indeed, the asteroid part was kinda confusing. If it was in our system, everyone was gosh darn freakishly calm. If a Minbari detachment was in my system -my BACKYARD- I would be a little nervous to outright internal panic. Or it still fits in. The Black Star and a group went ahead of the other fleets to frighten and misguide EA. But this little psychological attempt could conflict with the Minbari honorable fighting style. ITB has been known to create a few contradictions here and there. I really liked that movie though, it is one of an extremely few movies that actually made me cry.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Redrake

Minbari honor in battle refers to not attacking first from the back. The war was already started and from their point of view, the humans were the ones without honor.

Offline -Norbert-

To crush an opponent with vastly superior technology and number of ships doesn't sound very honorable to my anyway.
They can afford to stick to head on tactics with those advantages.
But against the Shadows, they would have used "unhonorable" tactics aswell, if it was the only way to win.

For me honor doesn't matter when it comes to defending a whole planet of innocents. Their lives surely are more valuable than my honor.

And speaking about fairness and honor: Is it fair or honorable to kill off an entire species because of one death?
Especially if you preach that EVERY life has the same value?

But enough "minbari bashing"  :p and back to topic TLT:

Recently I found an interesting news on www.Goldkanal.de (don't worry, while the site I saw the news on is german, the site it liked too isn't).
It liked to this artice on CG Society.

Offline Slasher

Interesting.  It looks like Sheridan and Galen meet face-to-face if that's Peter Woodward on the left in that one photo.  Good find.  :yes:

Offline -Norbert-

With a Technomage you can never be sure.
After all the actors stood face-to-face in ACTA as well, but story-wise it was a dream (or if you read the books, an electron incantation). ;)

Offline Slasher

True, I had forgotten about that part from ACtA.  Perhaps even more interesting from that article is word that the Centauri execute some sort of raid on Earth.  Sounds like TLT might be rather rich in source material for campaigns.