Author Topic: Used Bastion Commander's Voice when issuing a FS2 medal  (Read 2540 times)

Used Bastion Commander's Voice when issuing a FS2 medal
I received an Ace medal on a mission in FS2, and when I was awarded the medal it used the female Bastion Commander's voice to read the first paragraph of the debriefing. The rest was read by the regular commander.

I have FSPort installed, and if extra information (like where stuff is installed) is needed I'll respond. When everything that's required is in order, I'll post this to mantis (when I can access it).

G:\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_6_9.exe -mod mediavps -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -2d_poof -missile_lighting -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload

[attachment deleted by admin]
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Used Bastion Commander's Voice when issuing a FS2 medal
Which version of FSPort are you using, and where did you install it?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

3.04 as installed by Turey's installer in FreeSpace2\Fsport

I've also done the following as per the FSPort instructions

Extract these files, using Descent Manager's VPVIEW32:
*.wav from data\voice\command_briefings in FreeSpace.vp to FreeSpace2\data\voice\command_briefings
*.wav from data\voice\special in FreeSpace.vp to FreeSpace2\data\voice\special
*.wav from data\voice\briefings in voc.vp to FreeSpace2\data\voice\briefing
*.wav from data\voice\debriefings in voc.vp to FreeSpace2\data\voice\debriefing

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Extracting the voice files from FreeSpace.vp is not necessary if you installed the voice by other means, like via Turey's installer.  The files are overriding the FS2 files; that's why you're getting the different debriefing.

Delete the extracted voice files and things should be back to normal.

I didn't download the extra using Turey's installer, because I had them all from FS1.

I guess the possible solution would be to make FSport look for them in \fsport\data\...
And I suppose I'll make the suggestion in Turey's installer thread about being able to pick and choose between extras (sounds, voices, .mves) instead of getting them in a bundle.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I didn't download the extra using Turey's installer, because I had them all from FS1.
Ah, I'm sorry then.  You're one of those clever people who did things the way we originally suggested, instead of taking the lazy way out. :)

And you came up with the solution yourself, too.  Move all the FS1 voices into your fsport mod folder, under the appropriate subfolders.  That way, the voices will play properly when you're running a fsport mod but allow you to hear the FS2 voices as usual.

So when following the instructions that were given in the FSPort readme, I could have put them into \freespace2\fsport\data\ instead of into \freespace2\data\

?

Also, which would be smaller, the voice files included in Turey's Installer (no idea if they're bundled or not) or the ones I've extracted from FS1? I'm re-installing FS2 and SCP now that Turey's installer can run without me babysitting it. I'm taking the .ogg's instead of my retail .mve's to save size, will using the extras from the installer make the voice files smaller too?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
And I suppose I'll make the suggestion in Turey's installer thread about being able to pick and choose between extras (sounds, voices, .mves) instead of getting them in a bundle.
It's a very easy thing to do, it just requires someone to take the time and do it. It doesn't even have to be me. Take the FreeSpace2\Installer\Goober5000.txt file, modify it according to the instructions on my website, and send it to me.

will using the extras from the installer make the voice files smaller too?

Not until we get compressed vps.

Until then, they're the exact same files.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.