Author Topic: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)  (Read 62237 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)
Great! I've been waiting on this for a long time.  Thank you.  I'll try it out as soon as I can.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

I have problems whit the second part of Reunion.
After jumping out of hyperspace my HUD isnt funktioning right. Depending on the direction I move my ship all I can see is the space backround, or all elements of the HUD, but no objects (like ships or laser shots). Its pretty weird and hard to descirbe, espacially whit my crappy english. The same issue occured with the intro cutscene, but know this bug prevents me from further playing.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Do you have a screenshot?  What version of TBP are you running?  3.4b?  Are you using the inferno build?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Jep, Im using 3.4b and the inf build.

After jumping out of hyperspace it looks like this:

When I turn my ship arround I get this picture, when I hit the right angle:

When I start my engines and hit the right angle I get a HUD which is normal on the first sight.

Looks normal, right? But now I tell you that Im firing my guns. And you cant see the shots (or anything else besides the HUD and the backround).
And take a look at this saturn like planet. Looks a bit two dimensional. Well, this thing is actually moving like it was a real objekt and not a backround texture.
As I said its pretty weird.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
never happend during my tests. FUBAR?  (you didn't change anything to make these screenshots, did you?)

anybody has an idea? I am out of clues.

Saturn also looks pretty weird on the last screenshot  :confused:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Do you have a screenshot?  What version of TBP are you running?  3.4b?  Are you using the inferno build?

I also have this glitch.

Not sure why.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
anybody has an idea?

I haven't seen that one before. Didn't happen during my tests either.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline BoOReD

Great missions,I loved it,couldn't leave the computer until i finished it,just like when  i was 9-10 years old...playing fs  :D

GREAT JOB...loved the ending,i'm wondering what will happen next.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
@Vid:  Nope didn't touch a thing.  I made the screenshots after I sent you the files.  Even then the only thing I touched was making myself invincible in a few missions to get some better shots.  Didn't even need to do that for this mission good screenies were easy to come by.

@Zombimode:  Are you running in Direct3D or OpenGL?  Are your video drivers up to date?  Also try downloading the campaign again.  Maybe some sort of file corruption??????  Although I don't know what in a mission file could cause that type of effect.  It's like it's 2 dimensional.     
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

OpenGL
But maybe my drivers could use some updates. I will check and report back.

Offline maje

I really love the mission 12.  The S4 B5 opening theme was a nice touch.  I am wondering though, it feels as if it should've taken longer for the Minbari cruiser to finish off a battlecrab seeing how those ships are meant to withstand a lot of punishment (well with the exception of Vorlon weaponry).  In general this was a very fun campaign.  And I can't wait to see the Whitestar fleet show up and save the day! (this is my assumption of how the current situation will be resolved, but hey I could be wrong!)
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Vidmaster

And I can't wait to see the Whitestar fleet show up and save the day! (this is my assumption of how the current situation will be resolved, but hey I could be wrong!)

why do everybody expect the whitestars?   to give a little hint: NOBODY WILL SHOW UP! NO FRIENDLY, NO ALLY, NO HELP FOR YOU!  ;)

mission 12 is my favorite too, although I had to fake the background music. There are two small glitches in that mission, I'll fix them soon.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

okay, glitches fixed. Also took a look at 2259 again after some problem reports.

Offline maje

And I can't wait to see the Whitestar fleet show up and save the day! (this is my assumption of how the current situation will be resolved, but hey I could be wrong!)

why do everybody expect the whitestars?   to give a little hint: NOBODY WILL SHOW UP! NO FRIENDLY, NO ALLY, NO HELP FOR YOU!  ;)

mission 12 is my favorite too, although I had to fake the background music. There are two small glitches in that mission, I'll fix them soon.

Everybody's expecting the whitestars because they haven't shown up yet and I'd love to see them in more battles against the Shadows other than the TWO that were seen in the show (fleet battles that is).

However, since you're saying that they won't show up,
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that the Shadows will just leave because of Z'Ha'dum getting nuked
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I may be a little late, but here, have a mirror:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.44
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Vidmaster

Everybody's expecting the whitestars because they haven't shown up yet and I'd love to see them in more battles against the Shadows other than the TWO that were seen in the show (fleet battles that is).

However, since you're saying that they won't show up,
Spoiler:
I guess just all are gonna die! HAHAHAHAHA!

the Whitestars are in so few battles because they have major AI problems. It currently gives me the creeps for FH2261  :doubt: . And you are right on the solution of the cliffhanger of course.

to Swantz:
thx nevertheless  :)

OpenGL
But maybe my drivers could use some updates. I will check and report back.

Well I updated my drivers but it didn't help.
I will try reinstalling TBP.

Vidmaster, are you btw. a friend of the german language? I mean, the Centaury transports in '59, and "The Schwartzkopf has lost its head"... ;7

Offline Vidmaster

I am German  :)    I waited a long time for someone to notice the strange names I used  :lol:

but the "Schwartzkopf" is actually a canon ship, although I suspect the writer (JMS) didn't do his research, since it's "SCHWARZ" (means "black" in German). The ship's name translated: Black Head  :blah:

anybody has an idea?

I haven't seen that one before. Didn't happen during my tests either.

I have that same problem with the 3.3 and 3.4 on two of my computers, only my notebook with it's ancient ass video card drivers (seriously I bought it in 2003 and NEVER updated them, everything works fine on that fine lil' Toshiba :-D ) runs the thing. The same thing happens to me in "the black hand", "The raider wars 2.0"  in the 3rd to last mission and "Starfury Pilot" right from the beginning. I see a hud and static objects, but no models, no shots and none of the wireframe models in your hud indicating ship health and target view. I cannot move around, I can shoot and activate things but I cant see a thing behind that static screen. You should see the flashy corruption effects when I fire the afterburner, I can HEAR them, and the screen goes epileptically wild - see the screenshots posted by zombimode and imagine them in a fast rotoscope...

--------UPDATE----------
I got the thing to run on said notebook, no frozen screen in 2259 any more, but now right at the beginning of 2260 where you watch the intro sequence in game graphics, it gets as far as showing the terran and Brakiri fleets, and then at the Shadow Crab sequence, firing its beam across the screen the game crashes without any error message, not even a thing in the debug build (which I tried just to see if there was any report on what went wrong...)  :ick:

anyone?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:59:48 am by hansebee »