Author Topic: Blue Planet on Hard  (Read 8291 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Which is realistic. :yes:

What you meant to say there was 'I like it'.

You are not the arbiter of real-realism, Freespace-realism, or any other kind of realism.

There is nothing to say that BP's take on bomb shockwaves is any more believable than anyone else's.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Did Darius actually modify the bomb shockwaves in any way or did he just turn on the option in the ai tables for shockwaves to cause damage? (or knock out subsystems, whatever the hell it was called)

Offline Darius

None of those. All I did was increase the raw damage of the Shivan Megabomb, which had the effect of making the shockwaves lethal :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
A direct consequence of a normal modification, then. I thought you used a FS1 style AI profile... :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
All this talk about shockwaves killing pilots made me realise that I was almost flying suicide when attacking the Sathanas. I flew either an Ursa or Boanerges with Helios torpedoes, get to 200m of the beam cannons, release and then fly OVER the beam cannon I was attacking. :lol:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Which is realistic.
No it isn't.  Realism actually demands no shockwave at all, because there's not enough matter in deep space to sustain one.   :p

As for Forced Entry, my winning formula in the past has been an Artemis bomber loaded down with two banks of Trebuchets and a bank of Tornadoes for anti-bomber work, plus a Maxim cannon for the primary.  
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:33:33 pm by Renegade Paladin »
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
An Athena?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Finally beat it... was a little surprised at it the ending. Seemed a little abrupt and anti climactic. Unless it was supposed to mirror the beginning of the FS2 campaign. But then again theres the expansion upcoming...

Huh?  What are you talking about?  

:D
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Well the very last level i played,
Spoiler:
the UED Wessel was destroyed by the GTVA Expeditionary Force. This is a slight nod, at least i think so, to Surrender Belsarius when that thingy was destroyed. Then everyone starts warping out and running and rebelling. And thats it. An abrupt ending/

Spoiler tagz pls - Darius
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:03:47 am by Darius »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, it is supposed to set the tone for WiH, which is why I took it as it is, even though it surprised me the first time.

I think there is one thread on this board that discusses about...

Spoiler:
...why the GTVA attempted to take Sol by force.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:20:21 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Spoiler:
Well the very last level i played, the UED Wessel was destroyed by the GTVA Expeditionary Force. This is a slight nod, at least i think so, to Surrender Belsarius when that thingy was destroyed. Then everyone starts warping out and running and rebelling. And thats it. An abrupt ending
Heard of spoiler tags?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You'll find out a lot more about
Spoiler:
the GTVA's reasons and the buildup for the attack
very soon.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Was it a nuclear wessel?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

my apologies, haven't used spoiler tags before. i don't know whether it was Nuclear or not... you'll have to ask Volition  :D
I'm a little surprised by Blue Planet at least.
Spoiler:
i was hoping to SEE a blue planet. i was disappointed.

Although this is not necessarily a bad thing.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:48:46 am by jkalltheway »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, we're hard at work on War in Heaven, so never fear. The story continues.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
my apologies, haven't used spoiler tags before.
All good :) Now you know.