Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 132753 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
No, but the bump before that was.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I don't think a normal ship's comm can modulate quantum pulses. Whatever those things may be.
--
Something on topic:
Really...this HTL Iceni's been going for a bit. is it alive and well? or Dead?
Electromagnetic radiation (light) is sent in quanta that we call photons.  These could be what the quantum pulses are, or it could be another form of radiation in quanta.  One big explanation of why light sometimes acts like a wave and sometimes like a particle is given by string theory.  Instead of 0-dimensional points, string theory says particles are 1-dimensional strings, which, since they can't sit still, oscillate.  So, light, as a bosonic string, would be a 1-dimensional "particle" that is constantly oscillating, with the different frequencies at which is oscillates being different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum.  So, light is both a quantum and a wave.  I did a research paper on this for English. :D
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nx

Waiting for collada import in PCS2. I don't know how I screwed up, but not even .3ds works anymore, the turrets are inverted.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
 :snipe: This is why you should always backup your work

Offline Nx

That's not the problem. I save to a new file quite frequently. I have about 70 files for the Iceni alone. But I wouldn't want to remake the whole thing.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
If you save to a new file frequently theres little work that should have to be done..  :wtf:

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter

That's not the problem. I save to a new file quite frequently. I have about 70 files for the Iceni alone. But I wouldn't want to remake the whole thing.
I'll have to remember that...  Save each time to a different file, so if you decide you don't like what happened 5 saves ago, you can go back and redo it.
----

Offline Droid803

It's a very good idea.
But yes, what Hellstryker said - if you saved to a new file frequently, theres should be little work needed to be done...
unless...somehow they ALL got corrupted...then that's just  " :wtf: :eek2: "
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nx

It's a very good idea.
But yes, what Hellstryker said - if you saved to a new file frequently, theres should be little work needed to be done...
unless...somehow they ALL got corrupted...then that's just  " :wtf: :eek2: "

Yes, but what if the corruption happened 15 saves ago? I don't even know where the problem is, since the model is perfect in max, the problems appear only when exporting to different formats and then importing into other stuff.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline Droid803

Oh...that sucks.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Corrupted in what way? My offer to fix & finish it is still open btw. :)

I can't guarantee it'd be ready for the next MVPs as they're really nearing completion now, but I could give it a go if you like.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nx

Corrupted in what way? My offer to fix & finish it is still open btw. :)

I can't guarantee it'd be ready for the next MVPs as they're really nearing completion now, but I could give it a go if you like.

I don't know, but I've tried collada today with everything, and nothing can import the file exported by max. .ase has collision detection problems, .3ds flips the faces of some turrets (and is a major pain in the ass to fix after importing into truespace) and I've tried a few other formats but they all suck.
Here are the max files for the ship and the debris (excuse the mess), and two textures for nameplates. If you need a different format, just ask. Hope you have more luck than me

[attachment deleted by ninja]
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hmm.  I don't know.  Anim8or seems to work pretty well for me, though.
----

Offline blowfish

.ase has collision detection problems

Collision detection should be able to be fixed with PCS2, unless it does weird things to the geometry of the model (making it unstable etc).

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Anyone else experiencing the Rick Roll thing?  Did they have to start April Fool's day on GMT?!  I was just going to download the nodemap for a campaign I'm thinking of so I can plan everything on graph paper, but instead, the link takes me to Rick Roll.  I hope this doesn't last a full 24 hours!
----

Offline Droid803

copy/paste the URL.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That only works if a) it was your post in the first place, so you can edit it, or b) the text for it is the URL.  The first was true for me.
----

Offline blowfish

Also you can click quote for the post, and extract the URL from the quoted text (and not post anything obviously).

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I don't know, but I've tried collada today with everything, and nothing can import the file exported by max. .ase has collision detection problems, .3ds flips the faces of some turrets (and is a major pain in the ass to fix after importing into truespace) and I've tried a few other formats but they all suck.
Here are the max files for the ship and the debris (excuse the mess), and two textures for nameplates. If you need a different format, just ask. Hope you have more luck than me
Sorry, it's taken me a while to get around to this, but now that I have I can't open those files in Max 7 nor in 3d exploration. Can you possibly export as .OBJs, .Xs or as a last resort .3DS? As long as UVs are intact I can sort out anything else. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities