Author Topic: Mech games  (Read 16783 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Nuke, which version you using?  (DOS, '95)

I actually use '95 "Pentium" edition, so the patches don't work right... greeeaaat.  :rolleyes:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I use a Monster 3DFx (AKA Voodo 1) edition, with a Glide and dll wrapper.
Details can be found on the VOGONS forums.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
It's a shame about the music though; I can't get DosBox to recognize the cd. :(
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm.... you can't get DOSBox to mount the CD?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I got it to recognize an image of the cd now, so I don't need the hacked .exes, but I'm still not hearing any music.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
just play the redbook in winamp. the cd sound was supposed to come through an analog cable as far as the game was concerned. that was what was used and not the data interface which all modern cd drives use for audio these days. the game is oblivious to the newer technology. all it does is unmute the cd in line and order the disc to play. and thats exactly what happens. but because the legacy analog audio connection between the drive and the sound card isnt there, all you get is quiet. you might be able to put one in if the correct headers are available. you can also run a line from the front jack to the line in jack of the sound card. id sooner just rip the tracks to mp3 and play em when i play the game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:24:01 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN