Author Topic: [Release] Storm Front: Episodes I & II (2023 edition)  (Read 5615 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Re: [Release] Storm Front: Episodes I & II (2023 edition)
By the way.  These are not EASY missions and I have really am enjoying them.  I rarely beat them on the first pass and that is how I like it.  You have to use some strategy to complete them.
Thanks for the flowers. Actually, I'm often afraid that the campaign might be too easy/boring. There are actually plenty of self-winning missions in there. Meh, balancing is a horror when you're a one-man team.

I just finished trying Episode 2 again.  There were no technical glitches from what I saw in the actual campaign.

However, I noticed an issue when checking the actual file folder of Storm Front.  After manually downloading the Storm Front episodes and Storm Front Stock items manually from their FSNebula pages (I don't use Knossos right now), extracting the files and putting them in a folder...the total size of that folder was ~2.7GB.
After finishing Episode 2, I looked at the Storm Front folder and it was over 6GB.  I wondered what the problem was so I looked in the folder and the event log text document had grown to over 4GB.  I've never had an event log folder get anywhere near that before (I don't think I've ever even seen one get to GB size before).

For what it's worth, I was playing on FSO 23.2 RC9.
Hm. I've noticed a while ago that in Fred there are a lot of those "log this event" boxes are flagged active even though I never did that. Maybe I should switch all those off. My folders are not that big, however.

I hope you can complete Episode 3 to resolve the Cthulu cliffhanger. :)
Episode 3 is, in fact, around 70 to 80 percent finished. I still have the plan to do that one. The story will only be finished in Episode 4, though. :p