Author Topic: VPView  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Itsara

I downloaded VPView to extract the contents of the ship.tbl for the apoc. and diablo and some other ships i downloaded, and i was wondering how to extract the contents?  Also the Diablo and another ship i downloaded, when i unzipped it, it just had the .pof file and a text document that was called "ships_tbl_entry", there is no .pck files or anything, is that the way it is supposed to be or is the download bad?  I downloaded the Apocolypse and it had all the .pcx files in it, i just needed to extract the ships.tbl contents which i am here to ask.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
If the model references textures already present in the FS2 VP files, there is little point in making them part of the download.

Extract files from VPView by clicking on Extract.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Itsara:
I downloaded VPView to extract the contents of the ship.tbl for the apoc. and diablo and some other ships i downloaded, and i was wondering how to extract the contents?  Also the Diablo and another ship i downloaded, when i unzipped it, it just had the .pof file and a text document that was called "ships_tbl_entry", there is no .pck files or anything, is that the way it is supposed to be or is the download bad?  I downloaded the Apocolypse and it had all the .pcx files in it, i just needed to extract the ships.tbl contents which i am here to ask.

ships_tbl_entry is the text file for the entry you add to end of the ships.tbl to use the ship.

also, the Diablo only uses textures already contained in the FS VP files, so you don;t need to DL those.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
D00d, the FS modding forum exists for a reason.  Moved.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.