Author Topic: Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation? screen goes black?  (Read 1513 times)

Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation? screen goes black?
Everythin' is savvy an' then th' mission launches an' i still have th' hud, but everythin' else is a pitch black but sometimes it blinks t' th' planets an' surroundin's an' returns t' black.  And hoist the mainsail!  Sorta like yer eyes are closed an' ye blink open fer a second an' see everythin' an' then black again.  I played some o' th' other campaigns an' nay problems?  And hoist the mainsail! Any ideas?

Also another problem is the b5star fury pilot campaign won't show up under campaigns.  I tried installing it twice via the directions and its a no go? any help?

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 12:43:43 pm by Mike2000z28 »

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
Re: Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation... and really bad e
I doubt you'll be able to get through the Pirate talk for now, but this is the classic 'Red-alert' bug.  If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to do some minor FRED work to get around it (I did) or I can once I get home and determine exactly what mission you're talking about since the Pirate talk is kinda in the way.  Other potential solutions would be to replay the previous mission a few times, or maybe try making a new pilot.

Naturally I'm not sure how familiar you are with messing around in a PC's directory structure, but if you're game for the FREDing way:

Check out the Wiki for modding tools (or otherwise find VPView or maybe VPMage) and use one to open the .VP file and extract the appropriate .fs2 mission file to the \data\missions\ folder (or [modname]\data\missions if applicable)  You may have to create those folders yourself either way.

I can't seem to type that without making it sound overly complicated... not wot th' bleedin' scurvy Pirate talk be helpin' it much, thar laddie.

Anyway, launch FRED from the 'root' Babylon folder, browse to where you extracted the .fs2 file and open the mission.  Once there, assuming all goes well, go to editors->mission specs and look at the top right of the window that opens.  Uncheck 'red-alert' mission and then save and exit.  Launch TBP and revel in your awesomeness at fixing the problem!

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Re: Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation? Aarrr! screen goes black?
This issue has happened before and i think it was graphics card related.  Infestation tests fine, and on some missions the red alert is necessary in order to continue to the next missions with ships at relevent hull levels. 

As for B6 star fury pilot, this is a mission pack, and only appears in tech room, mission simulator !
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Re: Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation? screen goes blac
Whats with all the pirate talk this is the third post thats had and its been from three different people.  Its really kind of aggravating since you cant understand half of what the person is saying.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 07:49:26 pm by Capt.Jack »

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
Re: Havin' some kind o' video bug with survivor, infestation? screen goes blac
Aye, Cap'n Jack, it do be thar Talk Like a Pirate Day script that do be runnin' on thar forums.  Wot be a mite annoyin' don't it?  Yarr! Yo ho! Drink up me harties!