Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Simulating Whitestar's Extra Firepower

(1/2) > >>

Taristin:
Fire beam at current target would be cool. That way you can have a pesky little shivan fighter (In the B5 universe?! Blasphemy)  in your sights and just bazzap him away.

karajorma:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Edwin

it will kara.  I made it once so i flew a fenris, and had a repeating event tired into a key so when i pressed that key the main beam fired.  It worked only when i hit the key, i fired a big green shotgun cause it tried to do all the repeats at once. would up vaporizing the sathanas, and all of its debri, in one shot.

anyway, the point of that storie is beams can be sexp fired on a player ship.
--- End quote ---

You've missed my point. Know the fire beam SEXP will work on a ship with turrets on it but the whitestar will probably have it's beams implemented as fighterbeams fired from a gun point. Now that I think about it harder there is no way that you can simulate that with Fire-beam. The SEXP asks for a turret and you don't have one to give it.

Col. Fishguts:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Raa
Fire beam at current target would be cool. That way you can have a pesky little shivan fighter (In the B5 universe?! Blasphemy)  in your sights and just bazzap him away.
--- End quote ---

The B5 pendant would be a Shadow Spitfire....B-ZZZZAPP

Moonsword:
The question's not if it works for fighter-beams, but as a force-fire solution for player weapons fire.

If player ship weapons can be fired by SEXP command, then it'l work.  Really, we need a coder to answer that one, or one of the FREDers needs to whip up a mission real quick and check.

karajorma:
No need to check. You can't fire a playership's weapon unless it's on a turret.

What you'd need is for the SCP to make a new SEXP to fire a players guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version