Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Series Resurrecta

Series Resurrecta is the best 2020 Futuristic Sim / Sci-Fi in ModDB's MotYA

<< < (15/17) > >>

General Battuta:
I actually think it's kind of cool that a FreeSpace mod about (something) got any traction on ModDB at all. But that post is an absolute popper, it's going straight in my personal hall of fame.

perihelion:
Jiminy Christmas, it's no wonder Axem left.  Would ALL of you please grow the **** up and check your egos at the login page?

Talk about a tempest in a teacup...

General Battuta:
You'll have to trust me when I say that Axem still gets to enjoy the finest garmonbozia HLP produces, in carefully curated form.

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: -Joshua- on January 08, 2021, 11:11:58 am ---
--- Quote ---From my perspective I feel little to no need to add something like "This is not selfish and arrogant statement of SR team, but annoucement of MotY contest results"
--- End quote ---

But crucially, it isn't an announcement of MotY contest results. The MotY doesn't run with the categories mentioned in the OP at all. You can check these results for yourself, they are on the ModDB website. There is no mention of Series Ressurecta (or freespace, or "best scifi") anywhere.

That to me makes it an arrogant statement.

--- End quote ---
It actually does. And it was surprising for me when Mobius forwarded the PM from one of ModDB admins, as I found no public information regerding it either. Apparently admins provide detailed stats related to certain genres to leaders of mod teams.

Dunno why such stats are not public. Perhaps because they used to generate drama or something. For me it was mostly "oh, it's nice to know" thing.

Mobius:
If I got it right, ModDB stopped providing detailed statistics the same year they stopped rewarding the top mods with prize money.

I think it had something to do with the extra "legal and bureaucratical" bit that was required by law whenever a mod received a prize in actual money. No more prize money, no more legal requirement to spend extra time issuing extremely detailed statistics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version