Author Topic: good grief!  (Read 3346 times)

Offline joncfc

waiting for the release date on this bugger is like waiting for doomsday :doubt:

Offline Axem

I'd highly encourage you to read the FAQ. But I'll be nice and repost the relevant information. :)

When will it be done?

The team basically consists of volunteers who are giving up our spare time in order to produce a game. Since we can't work on it full time it's very hard to make estimates. If someone important to the team gets busy with real life commitments things can slow down. They always pick up again eventually, but we can't give any predictions for when the game will be completely done.

However since we are planning on having episodic releases, as as we get close to completion on each one we will be able to give rough estimates for how long it might take us to get the next release out.

Any estimate would be a best guess and would be subject to refinements and revisions depending on how much work is getting done and if we've hit any snags.

But make no mistake, we love deadlines. Especially the whoosh sound they make when they go by.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Just remember; at the end there will be cake.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
and grief counselling
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Dear god! We have to do something about the heat death of the universe! Don't you see? WE ONLY HAVE SEVERAL TRILLION YEARS LEFT! AND UNLESS WE SOLVE THIS, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
joncf, you are either a troll or you know nothing about development.

Offline Axem

Aaaaaaand CUT!

PRINT THAT!

That's a wrap!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Certainly not the most auspicious first post of all time.

Just makes me laugh that someone spent the time creating a screen name just to make the most predictable and common mod-complaint in history.

Most of the people on this board have been incredibly good, and we are proud to have them as members, but it's the few spoiled brats who try to ruin things.

Just to make it clear to those people, we are not a software house, we are not a software distributor, we are not doing it for a profit, we are not doing it for fame, we are doing it because we, like you, love BSG and we want to provide the best experience possible. We'd like the mod out of the door as well, but there's a little issue of having a completed mod to put out of the door in the first place, people would soon be ringing bells of complaint if the Mod was unfinished or improperly tested on release.

So, let's stop the 'I want it NOW!!!' attitude, and try remembering that complaining does nothing whatsoever to speed up the process, in fact, it decreases motivation. We keep people updated, we try to be as honest as possible about the situation, so try learning a little bit of patience.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Alright.....maybe a little bit for fame ;)

Offline Axem

Guysss... I didn't lock the thread so Mods and Super Mods could have a conversation here. :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Weather's pretty nice over here. How about you guys?