Author Topic: Star Citizen gets funded, EA acknwldgs Wing Cmndr by adding WC decor at bioware  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Topgun

Star Citizen gets funded, EA acknwldgs Wing Cmndr by adding WC decor at bioware
http://www.wcnews.com/news/2012/10/26/ea-studio-adds-wing-commander-decor

I removed vowels because it was the only way to get into the title

EDIT: oh and valve has space sim concept art that may or may not end up being a new IP
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:56:06 pm by Topgun »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Star Citizen gets funded, EA acknwldgs Wing Cmndr by adding WC decor at bioware
Cool
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Star Citizen gets funded, EA acknwldgs Wing Cmndr by adding WC decor at bioware
Looks like Space Sims are making a comeback. :yes:

EA is probably thinking they can make an FPS reboot just like they did with Syndicate. :lol:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
As long as no new game includes Wing Commander's waypoint stupidity. It's evil concept and should die in a fire.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You mean the autopilot? Actually, it made for some interesting missions. Though it could've been handled better.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
the only downside to me in the autopilot mechanic iirc was the fact that all the action happened a the nav points, never between, not even random patrols, they always seem to be lurking at navs as well
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
the only downside to me in the autopilot mechanic iirc was the fact that all the action happened a the nav points, never between, not even random patrols, they always seem to be lurking at navs as well

I seem to recall (and it's been a while, so I may be wrong) at least two random patrol missions in WCIV where you dropped out of autopilot ~ 1/2way between waypoints and had the encounter with enemy forces there instead. It didn't change the gameplay any, you just had to finish them off and then go back into autopilot to go the rest of the way to that point before you could continue to the next one.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
IIRC, it happened in all games. I'm sure about WC4, but I think it was in older ones too. That was a very rare occurrence though, and was hardly exploited considering it's potential.