Author Topic: 3.6.16 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT  (Read 126930 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: 3.6.10 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT
Up to you. If you deny that knowing they exist you're a liar. If you don't know they exist but simply claim they don't you're mistaken.

Doesn't alter the fact that there were several data bugs in TBP 3.4b though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I made my position clear previously so stop being obtuse. This isn't the UN. It isn't Frost / Nixon. Hardly anyone is reading this and those that are, are backing you. That goes for all the other moderators. So grow some and say what you really think. Then we can move on.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

pmsl , "worked perfectly" now i know you have lost the plot , how many times were we hunting for each others games not being able to host or see hosted games

Yeah. Obviously a game engine bug. The SCP programming team's job to fix. Not TBPs. The end user should have been able to simply drop in a new game executable to fix it. Except that SCP programmers lead by Goober and Karajorma decided that maintaining backward compatibility was just too much hard work. So instead, they made you their update b--ch :). Again. Have fun. Developing for SCP is a moving goal post.

We've not talked before. I'm portej05, and I'm a fairly fresh member of the SCP team. That said, I take exception to an accusation that we don't take backwards compatibility seriously or that we've made anyone our 'b****'.
Karajorma and The_E have demonstrated to my satisfaction that it's a data bug in the core files. Without being able to modify the core files, we cannot fix this in TBP. Personally I think Zathras is a hack, but seeing as we're unable to modify the core files, it's the only way we're going to be able to fix that data.

Personally, I have recommended multiple times that we discontinue ANY form of support for TBP whatsoever. Partially because of your attitude, partially because we cannot modify the core files and mostly because there is no team around the mod (not including Zathras here) to keep it up to date with the engine. Backwards compatibility is a major goal of the engine.

Personally, Sir, your attitude towards the SCP is pure hostility. We haven't stolen your assets (we're the engine, not the management), and I personally resent your implication that we're a bunch of incompetents.
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
THIS SUBJECT IS OFF-LIMITS NOW.

Zathras exists. Zathras can be modified to fix issues. End of story.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just a note that 3.6.12 is in the RC stage.  If your using it take note that it will not be able to see 3.6.10 and most of 3.6.11 games.  Damn good idea to start testing it though so we can work any bugs out. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

is there any multzplayergaming still ?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
close to zero. I played two weeks ago with a friend  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: 3.6.12 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT
Zathras 2.0 now validated and thread updated for 3.6.12.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Re: 3.6.16 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT
First off I am new to TBP and have a fresh install for 3.6.18 and Zathas 2.6

When I try and create a pilot for multiplayer I get a Disk Of Of Space error. What could be wrong (and I am not out of space).  Also does multiplayer still work. My son and I would like to play together.

Thanks

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Check you have the following folders in your TBP folder (or wherever you installed to).

TBP/Data/Players/Single/Inferno

If one of those is missing, you can sometimes get the above error.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Yes it is there and has all my single player profiles

Is there a multiplayer folder that should be there?

Okay I checked my Freespace 2 player folder and sure enough there was a multi folder. I added that and now I can add a pilot for multiplayer. This is a fresh install from the DVD so not sure why it didn't make those folders.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Apologies for the bump, but is there another copy of the B5 multi missions somewhere?

The VP in the first post appears corrupt or something and I can't extract it. Just trying to get a hold of the missions so that I can validate them on PXO.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
The URL was mispelled.
https://www.fubar.org/TBP/B5-M-MultiPack-1.zip and https://www.fubar.org/TBP/B5-M-MultiPack-1_0.zip.  I don't know what the difference is.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I noticed that and managed to get it downloaded previously. However the VP file is corrupted or truncated and my vp utilities detect this and won't extract it. FSO ignores that problem though and will use what it can, but I would prefer to not add files to the database with questionable integrity.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
This is what I could find on the SVN.  I didn't see anything on Sectorgame or FSMods.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:19:52 am by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Awesome, thanks! Got them added to the database so TBP should be ready to go on PXO with those missions.