Author Topic: Complete walkthrough for RW and EMW (german)!  (Read 9974 times)

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Re: Complete walkthrough for RW and EMW (german)!
The english version of Raider Wars gave me a file not found but apart from that you've got some damn fine work there! :)

The file is not available as it does not exist yet..! ;)

I will post here when the file is online...in the meantime is every reported bug or wrong formulation a great help..!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work

Well write it then ;). Seriously your English is fine and your walkthrough would do a great job of answering frequently asked questions should the internet suddenly decide to all play Raider Wars through again for absolutely no apparent reason.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
...your English is fine...

Orph3u5´english..! ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
He's writing it?  :nervous:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I'm translating it.... Rave gives my english some polishing...
I'll work along with someone else to translate Raider Wars and since it is much more than EMW it will take a while...

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Rave gives my english some polishing...

At least I try do it...  :sigh: ;) (ilovethisSmiley!)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
That happens if you don't check every day...  The first part is already translated, and I didn't even notice until now. :)

Maybe we could link the walkthrough on the main page.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline berus

If you guys want a real, live englishman to polish the final text just send it in my direction.

After polishing the safety management articles my Norwegian girlfriend has been writing, some B5 stuff would be like a holiday.  :)

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
If you guys want a real, live englishman to polish the final text just send it in my direction.

After polishing the safety management articles my Norwegian girlfriend has been writing, some B5 stuff would be like a holiday.  :)

Everything is available on my page... Raiders wars is not yet finished so please ask Orph3eu5 details...

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de

Everything is available on my page... Raiders wars is not yet finished so please ask Orph3eu5 details...

Just got the information that Orpheus had a harddisk-crash and lost all translations made as far...so the work an raider wars campaign has to be done from start again (I asked for the translated parts to translate the rest by myself, but all the stuff is too much for me).
Probably anybody here who wants to do this..?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You know you can pretty much figure out what it's trying to say even using Altavista babel fish. So any English speaker could do a reasonable job of translating it. Any English speaker who's played RW through could do a very good job of translating it.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
You know you can pretty much figure out what it's trying to say even using Altavista babel fish. So any English speaker could do a reasonable job of translating it. Any English speaker who's played RW through could do a very good job of translating it.

Yes anybody whos interested and has time for it...seems so that nobody is interested or has time for it. If nobody wants to do it, I will probably try it myself...but this could take some months...  :blah:

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Folks,I tried it for myself when I was sitting in train, means first try without babelfish, just to have a first look. So here is a first part of it, please tell me about every weak formulaion and faults..!

"This walkthrough is based on the actual release candidate 3.6.7 with installed Raider-wars-campaign 2.01 (october 2005). It was fully playableaAlthough there are still some minor bugs. Screenshots have been taken on highest detail level and with activated 2x anti-aliasing (by launcher) and 2x anisotrpic filtering (by Rivatuner) using FRAPS and a resolution of 1024x768. Screenshots have afterwards been resized to 800x600 with Microsoft Powertoy Image Resizer and saved with 75% quality-setting into JPG-file-format.

By chosing difficult-level of easy I had to restart missions most time only for checking some details or trying different ways of playing a mission.

This files has been optimised for 1280x960 resolution and the use of the browsers MS InternetExplorer 6.0, Opera 8.5 and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2. When you´ re using a higher resolution or another browser its possible to get a better look by using a bigger font-size or zoom-modes.

Hints:
- A actual release is alway usefuel though the code is still being optimised and enhanced
- As there are no training mission you have to start directly with the campaign...
- ...and this could cause some serious problems so don´t shy away from directly chosing easiest difficulty-level after the first unsuccessfuel tries.
- When your once in the game and you know how to fight, there shouldn´ t be any more problems as raider wars requires more tactical thinking as your ability to fight many enemies all alone!
- just have a look on the whole briefing. I gets you important information about the coming mission and the plot itself.
- Briefing is also very important for the whole atmosphere, especially as speakers really did a good job!"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
This is great but it might take you some time at this rate. I will give you a hand as soon as I get time, which might be a little while.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
This is great but it might take you some time at this rate. I will give you a hand as soon as I get time, which might be a little while.

Well, I thought I could post here the translation for every mission and people could correct them before I set the whole thing on my site...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
This walkthrough is based on the Raider Wars campaign version 2.01 (october 2005).running on the FSOpen 3.6.7 release candidate. It was fully playable although there are still some minor bugs. Screenshots have been taken on highest detail level and with 2x anti-aliasing activated (by the launcher) and 2x anisotrpic filtering (by Rivatuner) using FRAPS at a resolution of 1024x768. Screenshots have afterwards been resized to 800x600 with Microsoft Powertoy Image Resizer and saved with 75% quality-setting into JPG-file-format.

By chosing difficult-level of easy I had to restart missions most time only to check some details or to try different ways of playing a mission.

This file has been optimised for 1280x960 resolution and the use of the MS Internet Explorer 6.0, Opera 8.5 and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2 browsers . When you're using a higher resolution or another browser its possible to get a better look by using a bigger font-size or zoom-modes.

Hints:
- An newer release is always useful because the code is still being optimised and enhanced
- As there are no training mission you have to start directly with the campaign...
- ...and this could cause some serious problems so don´t shy away from directly chosing easiest difficulty-level after the first unsuccessful tries.
-  Once you've got into the game and know how to fight, there shouldn´t be any more problems as Raider Wars requires more tactical thinking than the ability to fight many enemies all alone!
- Read the whole briefing. I gives you important information about the coming mission and the plot itself.
- The briefing is also very important for the whole atmosphere, especially as speakers really did a good job!"

Offline Roanoke

Not completely in topic, but I've been using Babel Fish when ordering car parts from Germany and also browsing german ebay, to much amusement.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
HD restoration is difficult but not undoable!
look what I found Raven  :nod::

RAIDER WARS

This Walkthrough is based on release 3.6.7 with installed Raider Wars 2.01 (October 2005). Raider Wars 2.01 still has several minor bugs which are fixed by the Raider Wars Patch 2.1 but it can be played without concern.
The difficulty of choice is “easy” making a mission restart necessary only for trying alternative solutions for ending the mission.

HINTS:
-   It’s important to have a current release since there is yet no final release of TBP
-   Due a lack of training missions you are directly confronted with real action which could prove as tricky sometimes…
-   … since this campaign is extremely challenging. You should not hesitate to switch to the difficulty setting “Very Easy” if things go terribly wrong.
-   Once you have become used to it the “Easy”-setting should prove as good since this campaign needs more tactics than piloting skills!
-   Pay attention to the briefings und debriefings! Here you are given information needed for the following mission or the campaign progress (you might easily be confused by the plot if you skip the briefings right away).
-   Additionally the atmosphere of campaign is delivered through the briefings. Human voice acting does its best here.

MIDNIGHT AT THE FIRING LINE

Since there are no training missions you will have to start into the action directly. But don’t hurry through the briefings and feel into the situation.
Once the mission starts you will find yourself at the jump gate of the target area. You don’t see too much of the attacked freighter (a tanker according to the briefing full of refugees) until the raiders use their missiles and draw a curtain of explosions around the craft. Now you should hurry.
Depending on the difficulty level you have to fly faster to reach the freighter and to engage the enemy since the raiders do more or less damage to the freighter. Too much time should not pass until the first shoot outs between your squadrons and the inferior raiders should start since the freighter won’t survive a second or third attack run.
If you already have configured your controls you definitely have and advantage. Go to full speed and use the ships afterburner to reach freighter and raiders as soon as you can.
In this campaign it’s always very important to co-ordinate your wingmen’s actions since you won’t achieve much alone. Order them to “Guard” the freighter or to “Engage Enemy” when approaching. There are no differences which order you choose since both have same effect: your wingmen engage the raiders!
Giving these orders as fast as possible allows your wingmen to get in weapon’s range faster since they know now what to do.
When arriving at the freighter you encounter only a small wing of raider fighters which is definitely inferior to your StarFuries. Do not fire at the raiders without aiming properly! You might hit the freighter and hammer another nail into the ships metaphorical coffin.
The raiders will soon loose the majority of their squadron and try to retreat to the jump gate where they would vanish forever if they are not stopped. But against you and your squadrons they don’t have any chance to escape. Ensure that they get destroyed and the freighter will be save from then on so that you may concentrate on other mission objectives.
Now you have to search for the enemy’s base. Order all wingmen to form up and proceed into the nearby asteroid field.
If you are lucky you can spot the station between the rocks directly. If you can not – in earlier releases the dark ambient light in the mission area has been a difficulty – fly directly into the asteroid field. When a certain distance between you and the station is reached it will be marked as target and you can move in for the kill without any problems.
The station’s turrets are a challenge your wingmen might not the ready for (they often get shot down like flies) so let them engage all fighters launching from the station (if you mark them as targets and give the direct order to destroy them or order you wingmen to engage the enemy and say them that they should ignore the station is irrelevant).
While your wingmen cover your back and take on the raider fighters you can destroy the stations turrets. 
In earlier releases the turrets are not marked as subsystems ( :confused: :confused:) what makes these untextured, mis-placed looking constructions hard to find and you only were able to spot them after they fired!
The order you destroy the turrets has no effect although you should take on the two “boxes” on the top and the bottom of the station first since they have the greatest firepower. Against all six turrets staying in motion is a good advice since they are extremely well armed and are good when it comes to hitting you. The ability to evade in any direction (“Thrust”) is useful here: Allowing you to keep the turrets in sight and to evade their shoots. External camera perspectives are making things more difficult here because the camera is not staying focused on the ship every time.
If the enemy fighters are bothering you too much you can skip the assault on the station and engage the fighters – The Station is not going anywhere ;D
Once all fighters are destroyed you can order your wingmen to disarm the station. This helps you since you are no longer the only target of the turrets.
After the station’s turrets are destroyed and the raider fighters are destroyed (Bonus Goal!) the mission is over.  The “EA Hood” will jump in and you’ll be granted the permission to leave the mission via a “jump point” after you got close enough to the Hood.
Once you received you have received the official permission you can end the mission by pressing Alt + J (default).
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
HD restoration is difficult but not undoable!
look what I found Raven  :nod::

At least a first part...thanks..!

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
News: For a short time there is now also a pdf-file available, so you can easily print the walkthrough or take it with you when travelling without any internet-connection. Unfortunately only for the german version. Still looking for people translating this...  :sigh:

http://www.kultloesungen.de/simulation/thebabylonproject/info.html