Author Topic: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events  (Read 17823 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events
My concern is that we might end up with so many ships and weapons that we have to drop multiplayer support, and switch to a special FSO build, like Inferno has done.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Asprin

Maverick, check your mailbox.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
My concern is that we might end up with so many ships and weapons that we have to drop multiplayer support, and switch to a special FSO build, like Inferno has done.

Well this is mainly due to number of races which appear in the game - humans, narns, centauri, minbari, brakiri, vree, drazi, interstellar alliance, shadows and vorlons (not to mention smaller factions like raiders or rangers + the first ones ships)... When you give each race 5-1x ships the numbers become rather large...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I do think it's a shame Asprin and his colleagues don't choose to work more closely with the TBP team.
Huh...Wait a second....What mean - shame.... :( We tried to work more closely with the TBP team. Do you remember events at old forum? Do you remember bluestar? Do you remember "Ship_Pack_1". All what we could, we made, but remained unnoticed.

Actually we did notice. Some in the team wanted to include your ships. Others wanted to omit them on the grounds of high poly counts, lack of LODs, or intersecting geometry and zbuffer tearing. If models had not had these issues they would no doubt have been included. Since then many things have changed. The game engine has improved to handle a greater variety of modelling styles, you have started adding LODs to your ships ;), and the new core TBP team is a much more progressive and open minded lot. It's a good time to work with the TBP team.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Indeed  :yes: I wouldn't mind adding some of those ships to TBP's arsenal once they are fully lodded and debris, of course credit will be given to Asprin and his team for whatever models we add.  :nod:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

:eek2:

Great work where can I download these from? ;7

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Hehehe, couldn`t wait to say this, (when its done).  :p

Asprin will let us all know when its available.  :nod:

edit: I do have a question, will Asprin`s team and TBP joining hands have any effect to a release of the for-mentioned mod?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:11:50 pm by Whitelight »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

:) Thnx

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Hehehe, couldn`t wait to say this, (when its done).  :p

Asprin will let us all know when its available.  :nod:

edit: I do have a question, will Asprin`s team and TBP joining hands have any effect to a release of the for-mentioned mod?
It wont effect either team, any models that might be added will happen after 3.3 is released.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

It will have more ships and Asprins lot will get their names in the credits? On the other hand, let's not get too excited just yet. Maverick needs to have a look at the stuff and iron out any problems with them, if possible. Let's wait and see.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Cool.... Turns down excitement a couple notches. :p

Really, lol... I`ll be fine. :D 
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Asprin, any news about the ships? are you considering my suggestions about polycounts?
any help needed?

Offline Asprin

Asprin, any news about the ships? are you considering my suggestions about polycounts?
any help needed?

Well, check your mailbox.
QuantreTech Studios

ok, thanks!

now you should check your mailbox :)

Nice!

What about the vorlons? they are cool ships.   ;7

Offline Asprin

What about the vorlons? they are cool ships.

Not LODed version of the VE Destroyer used in the FASW 1.0 release. http://fstbp.jino-net.ru/The_Minbari_Project.exe Before run the MOD rename your DATA directory in the DATA_1, then install MOD in your TBP directory.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
 :bump:

This thread is in need of a little oxygen I think.  Since it is on the First Ones, I intend to demonstrate their pure awesomeness.  Gentleman I give you:  Vorlon Planet Killer.........owned!!!!! ---- http://www.babtech-onthe.net/quicktime/vpkend.mov

Any questions?  :D

well, i think we all know the scene very well :)

the vpk is already in 3.3 and asprin has some of the other first ones done, and that very well! i hope i will soon hear from him about the other ships....

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Go Asprin go!  :nervous: