Author Topic: Is TBP recruiting any more FREDers/Voice Actors for new content?  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Creash

Is TBP recruiting any more FREDers/Voice Actors for new content?
I've been approached by the Development Team of the WCS, but was also curious if TBP was also recruiting FREDers and Voice Actors.  If that's the case I'd have to say I'd be somewhat at a crossroads of which to join.  Just curious.

If not FREDers, I'd really want to volunteer as a Voice Actor.  That isn't too time consuming if I am helping on WCS and would like to better improve the fictional atmosphere by helping in this respect, or also helping in the recruitment and screening of potential voice actors.  I am well versed in the program GoldWave and could also help greatly in the fine tunning of .wave files...adding blaster fire in the background...sound effects...even alter my own voice to make it sound like someone else.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Is TBP recruiting any more FREDers/Voice Actors for new content?
Just a second... Wait... Okay... Your offer did not vanish yet so:

We (the TBP staff) are always looking out for new Freders to join
best you approach Skullar (He leads the stuff around the EACW campaign in the making) ... I could as well need a new active FREDer to help me out with one or the other mission of two campaigns which development has started sleeping since I'm quite busy in RL
BUT Skullar shoud be your first adress...

About VA.... you better talk to madaboutgames or Skullar who have stuff in the making and could use some VA's sometime in future
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
EACW? Well let's see. I've done about 10 missions so far. Actually it didn't take that long. Most of the time was spent cutting and pasting Skullar's huge wads of diologue. Might be ready for voice acting in a couple of months. Quicker if I actually get some help, but that's unlikely.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Creash

In retrospect, seeing that the Wing Commanders Saga folk are also offering me a job, I wonder if you folks in the TBP Team would be willing to take a risk on me working on both projects.  I love both genres and feel that I'd really want to help out in each.  Instead of 10 missions each, perhaps I could go 5 and 5 to start and we'll see how it goes. 

I am a dedicated FREDer and this kind of work would be more fun than anything for me  :lol:  Feel free to send me PMs with your thoughts and feelings, and if this option is actually possible.

Also, who should I officaily talk to about getting into TBP as a Voice Actor?  This I can do easily on the side regardless of what project(s) I sign up on on my own time.  Also, are there openings to help in writting the story/screenplay for the campaign, or a way  I could help contribute to a degree?  I have 2 yrs. of study in film at the S.I. Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University under my belt as with a number of years in live theatre and creative writting.  I'm eager and just waiting to get my hands dirty!  :lol:

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Heat em up is still after more voice actors. pm me if your intersted.  The new EMW still has a few parts free :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Creash

I've come to the decision that I DO wish to become a member of the Babylon Project Development Team if you'll have me  :)  To those admin's reading the forums, I am sending a PM to Skullar now to see if I will be accepted and hope to work with you very very soon.  :nod: