Author Topic: Babylon Project Fighters hard to kill  (Read 4394 times)

Babylon Project Fighters hard to kill
Babylon Project Fighters hard to kill
I am currently playing "Derelict" & "Babylon Project" and find it far more difficult
to kill the fighters & bombers in the "Babylon Project" than in "Derelict" & "Blue Planet".
Basically the fighter seem to change direction far more quickly.
I use a Saitek X52 Flight Control System & my Settings:
Derilict.
Sensitivity on Max at 10
Deadzone on 2

Babylon
Sensitivity on Max at 10
Deadzone on 3

Do I have to just try harder & improve my skills or is there any
other settings that I can change. Basic Skill Level = Very Easy.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
No matter what the cost - don't yield.
That's the Way it is.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Babylon Project Fighters hard to kill
The Babylon Project flight model is much faster-paced and more agile than that in regular Freespace 2, so don't be surprised if it takes some getting used to.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That and fighters such as the Nial will be far more superior in speed and maneuverability than anything the EA would ever have to give.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
They also don't have a solid body like the FS2 ships so you can shoot spot on and your shots may go right between the wings without hitting.  EA ships may not have the firepower but I think they are harder to hit then the other races. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
You just have to adjust your technique and make use of moe damage/hit instead of rapid-fire.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline mxlm

They also don't have a solid body like the FS2 ships so you can shoot spot on and your shots may go right between the wings without hitting.  EA ships may not have the firepower but I think they are harder to hit then the other races. 

This. I loathe the Brakiri fighter and the Zephyr. Those damn things have such small cross-sections.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
right.

Try flanking them, for example by a well executed Glide when they evade your first shot.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
One more factor: small energy banks and relatively long pauses between shots. Also makes it tricky. :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
TBP tries to replicate the battles from the show  :)

Yeah, is definitly the more difficult than WC Saga and standart Freespace.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

It is ?

Killing off trash in TBP's sky is more easy than hunting a goddamn WCS fighter on afterburners.... ! ;)

Well ok, but therefore there are less enemies.

Thanks all.I am now getter somewhat better results by:
1. Knowing I have to lift my skill level & try harder.
2. Putting the Crosshairs in front of the Lead Indicators; firing & let the fighter
then fly up to the correct Lead point.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
No matter what the cost - don't yield.
That's the Way it is.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Pr take a Vorlon fighter. They make short work of just about anything :D
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline mxlm

Brakiri and Minbari fighters both have beams, with which you basically don't need to aim.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

match speed always helps to prevent overshooting.

Offline stef

Heck! I agree with the first poster, those fighters are hard to kill. It can easily put you off the game when you're chasing a flying blue spider for ten minutes :hopping:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I have noticed that switching between TBP and FS2 really does throw off your targeting.  Got used to TBP and when I tried some tests in FS2 I thought I was playing on insane because I couldn't hit anything but it was on medium. 

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Heck! I agree with the first poster, those fighters are hard to kill. It can easily put you off the game when you're chasing a flying blue spider for ten minutes :hopping:
Since when are flying spiders on Babylon 5 blue? :wtf: