Author Topic: Connection to the TV show  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Warcat

Connection to the TV show
Hello. I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, but are there any major spoilers in this mod that connects to the TV-show?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Connection to the TV show
I believe Raider Wars is entirely a prequel and can safely be played without spoiling the TV show.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Nope there are some spoilers in just about everything even Raider Wars.  Earth Brakiri War would be one that shouldn't spoil anything in the show. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Warcat

Alright, thanks for the answers.  Are there any specific seasons that get spoiled? I'm mainly asking for a friend who's interested in the game but is currently watching the show, hehe.

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
There are some missions having exact storyline and dialouges taken from the show like "B5 starfury missions".

But generally most of the campaigns available currently are made with different or heavily modified storylines, not seen in the episodes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:03:31 pm by VERTi60 »
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed...
...it became something greater: Our last best hope for victory.

-watch or download The Babylon Project: Raider Wars the Movie-

-recorded TBP missions & campaigns-

-Freespace Portal SK-

-NetStorm: Islands at War, free online RTS game-

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well he should be good with the EMW war demo since he started watching.  When he gets past the raider encounters in the show then Raider wars will be fine.  Fortune Hunters is fine when he makes it past the year in the show.  So when the show hits 2260 it's ok to play 2259. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline mxlm

Nope there are some spoilers in just about everything even Raider Wars.  Earth Brakiri War would be one that shouldn't spoil anything in the show. 

Except the existence of
Spoiler:
The Shadows
, but it's likely that anyone watching the show for the first time will have heard of them, even if only in passing. Also, by the time the friend 'currently watching the show' views episode 13, that's out of the bag, so...
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Drums Of War I-III could spoil some events late in Season 5
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline -Norbert-

Except the existence of
Spoiler:
The Shadows
, but it's likely that anyone watching the show for the first time will have heard of them, even if only in passing. Also, by the time the friend 'currently watching the show' views episode 13, that's out of the bag, so...

Well... not really. Episode 13 only establishes that something is out there. Even the name is just something a seer mentioned.

You only really learn what the Shadows are when you get the first "Millions of years before, there were beings...." explenations from Delenn. Which would make it episode 38 "In the Shadow of Za'ha'dum".

I would tell him to watch, at the very least, the complete first season and the first two episodes of season two before playing Earth-Brakiri-War.