Author Topic: Fortune Hunters pt 2 crash (solved - wasn't using Inferno build)  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Warcat

Fortune Hunters pt 2 crash (solved - wasn't using Inferno build)
Hey I got a problem with Fortune Hunters pt 2. I completed the mission were you
Spoiler:
help Haugh or whatever his name is, it's after you get Phantom and Cobra from Mars
and as soon as the game loads the next level the game crashes.

Here's the error message I get:

Anyone know why this happens and how to solve it?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:20:27 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Fortune Hunters pt 2 crash
Make sure you are running the Inferno build.  Also you may want to redownload that campaign.  Links are at the top of the forum.  Could be a corrupted mission file.  modify variable[]0 isn't a legal operation and I know the campaign works. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Warcat

Haha, I wasn't running the Inferno build, and now my old profile doesn't work, so is there any way to skip to that mission? Oh and what have I missed not running the Inferno build? :p
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:44:10 pm by Warcat »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well you didn't miss anything but it's required as the missions uses additional ships not supported by the regular builds that is why the game crashed.  Basically you will have to start over as the pilot files are not compatible. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Warcat

Yeah, it works now. Thanks a lot :). Luckily I wasn't that far into the campaign, you can delete this thread if you want.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Fortune Hunters pt 2 crash (solved - wasn't using Inferno build)
Part 2261 is almost done and will fix all these stupid issues with the builds, since it will be running on Zathras.
Not to mention that it will be the definitive version of FH, with rebalanced missions.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Re: Fortune Hunters pt 2 crash (solved - wasn't using Inferno build)
Part 2261 is almost done and will fix all these stupid issues with the builds, since it will be running on Zathras.
Not to mention that it will be the definitive version of FH, with rebalanced missions.

Yeehaw!