Author Topic: Range Bug  (Read 6494 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
sry i just thanked him for translating the text.

can you give your e-mail adress or icq-number or so -because the fs2_open log is very looong -have also debug_filter.cfg and a errorlog.txt and i don't know what you need from that files

Delete the debug_filter.cfg, run the debug build again, then look for the log. Just to remind you: it's in the data folder, and called fs2_open.log. Posting a 1.8 MB big log is not a good idea.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
ok I know that may be, because my Freespace 2 is the german version - but is that also there for the other bugs? :confused:

TBP is standalone, that means you should just start playing using the program in that folder.
Do you have Freespace 2 (German) installed?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Naugrim

yes i have installed the german version

the log file is still 1,2mb large - too large to tag it- so i split it into 2 logand upload itwith 2 posts

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline Naugrim

and log 2

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
That's the error log. We want the debug log. It's in /FreeSpace2/data, or /Babylon Project/data. The filename is fs2_open.log.

Do you have both FS2 and TBP in the same folder?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Errr, no, that IS the debug log. The full, unabridged debug log. The one you get with a debuglog.cfg.
That being said, I don't see anything wrong here, aside from the Language being set to german.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:59:21 pm by The E »

Offline Naugrim

No TBP has it's own folder and no that is the fs2_open log - the errorlog looks different. Maybe i should try to find a program to make a video while i'm playing and  then i maybe can upload it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
OK I didn't read the whole thing but I did see that he has the German version of FS2 installed.  TBP reads the same registry settings as FS2 since they both use the same exe.  TBP doesn't have German language support and since the registry setting is set to German it will cause weird stuff like this.  The only solution I know of is to change the registry to English but that changes your FS2 as well.  If you can handle FS2 in English then that would be the way to go.  I'll see if I can find the instructions for doing that.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline -Norbert-

That can't really be the problem.
I too have TBP and the german verison of FS2 on my computer and I got no such error.

And simply changing the registry entry won't change the language of FreeSpace anyway, since you still have the german files in the VPs.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
All the languages are in the FS2 .vp.  The registry controls which one it uses.  It has caused problems with both TBP and FS2 before. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Naugrim

ok now i'm uploading a short video from the first DOW mission - in about 1 hour and 10 minutes it wil be uploaded. after looking at it, i will delete it

Offline Naugrim

ok video is uploaded link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAZ1t6QwDQ - you have to watch it in HD

sry for the quality but this video is 300mb huge - ihope yousee the error

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, I can see it. That is truly strange.

Offline Naugrim

yeah it is - ok tomorrow i'm going to delete that video. Now i got to bed - herein germany is it 11:26 pm - so good night erveryone

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmmm. I'd be surprised if that error was a language issue but it's easy to check. Are you on Vista or XP?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Naugrim

i use vista- why do you ask?

Offline -Norbert-

All the languages are in the FS2 .vp.  The registry controls which one it uses.  It has caused problems with both TBP and FS2 before.
Are you sure? I just looked up my stu_fs2.vp and there are no files at all in the briefing folder (yes, german FS2 has no briefings) and all the other voice files are also german.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK it's strings.tbl that contain all 3 languages. 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
i use vista- why do you ask?

Cause the quickest way to check is to change registry entries and they live in different places on Vista and XP.

1) Go to:
Start -> Run.

2) Type in "Regedit", and click Ok

3) Go to the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Classes-> Virtual Store -> Machine -> Software -> Volition -> FreeSpace

4) Delete the language entry (or simply Modify it to English)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Hm, is this bug related to the SCP-bug, that the "1" is omited in some cases (notably in the range display)?
Since a play SCP-related stuff I have this problem. Your (Naugrim) discription could fit.
I guessed my german keybord setting is the cause for this (SCP has problems with ü,ö,ä and messes with the keyboard layout).

(Oh, and "a few" germans arround? Half the TBP forum would be more accurate :D )