Author Topic: Hey MAG, found something  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Hey MAG, found something
Look what digging deep enough may bring back to the surface

What happened to all these missions?  ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Re: Hey MAG, found something
I still have that, it was basically finished (21 missions if i remeber) but just needed voice acting and cutscenes. 

Might revive it one day along with BHX if I ever get the  And Voice actors :) and time :) 
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
any chance of releasing the non VA version mean time?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, why not just make command briefings explaining the situation (I guess it's those cutscenes would be like EBW so it would work)?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
I would have to refred much of it, it was coded for a build in 2005 :lol: Took me ages to get a new bit of code to work which was bob on.  To keep it as canon as possible I wanted to keep the targetting to be the same as the show.  rather than not being able to target them at all, i finally managed to add a little code that would target and enemy ship before randomly losing the target over 5 seconds.  Like in the show I wanted to get a lock but wanted the sensors to have trouble locking on.  Worked well ingame, and still gave the player the chance to quickly locate an enemy before they lost the lock.

Im sure I re-fredded a mission from this in "Star Fury pilot" mission.  Where the player was assigned to the lexington and the player played out the part from the EBW film, helping plant nukes etc.  Sure the targeting bit was on that.

Anyways If I do something I like to do it proper :) So all whistles and bells would be included in development (If i ever had the time:) )
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.