Author Topic: A couple of Questions  (Read 1839 times)

A couple of Questions
Hi guys,

I used to be registered back before the site and forums had their major overhaul and since then my old username and password didn't seem to be carried over so I just re-registered.

Anyway I have a couple of questions because I'm slightly confused about some things I've read in the various threads since coming back here after so many years.

Firstly I just wanted to verify which is the latest complete/stable build. I downloaded TBP DVD and the Campaign Pack but since I've read about Zathras and other possible builds I'm uncertain if that is what I was supposed to get to play the latest version of TBP.

Will this version be the one used to play the upcoming EA Civil War campaign?

I also downloaded the last available Drums of War third chapter, since the campaign pack brought chapters 1 and 2, but the last I read this 3rd chapter didn't have voiceovers which is minimal but also had bugs to be sorted out? Is this still bing worked one? From what I could gather on the thread it wasn't very clear if the author had any intentions of going back to it or not and it's been silent about a month, so just curious.

In any case, thanks to all you guys for such hard work to keep the dream of playing a B5 game alive and congratulations on making work of such high quality. This is the best spiritual successor that B5: Into the Fire could have ever hoped for!
Fear is the Mind-Killer...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: A couple of Questions
The DVD version is the final release.
Zathras is a mod that fixes issues that were preventing TBP from using builds after 3.6.9, which is necessary for Multiplayer compatibility.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I almost thought I heard that they would release another DVD version... but I could be wrong.

Oh, and by the way...

<Thaeris endorses the Dune nod.>

:yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
-The Installer version contains the official and final version of TBP.
-The DVD contains the same 3.4b version as the installer as well as additional campaigns and other features.
-Zathras is a mod that fixes bugs and is supported (and required) in multi.  It is also required for some newer campaigns but should also work with all existing campaigns that worked with 3.4b
-Another DVD is being planned.  It will contain everything on the first DVD plus anything released or fixed since the first DVD including Zathras.
-There will probably be an update released to convert DVD 1.0 to DVD 2.0
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Thank you for all the information.

I'm particularly glad to hear that there will probably be an update for upgrading the DVD to 2.0, it took me quite a while to download the first one, though I know hardly compares to how long it takes for you guys to upload it. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for TBP final.

@Thaeris: Thanks, it is my favorite novel and a true inspiration for me personally. :)

Fear is the Mind-Killer...