Author Topic: MjnMixael's HD Mainhalls (Released)  (Read 33945 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: MjnMixael's HD Mainhalls (Released)
Updated to 1.4.10

Updates Bastion B to use the new Valkyrie model
Updates Soyakaze to use the new Zeus and Loki models
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Can I do a feature request please?

I'd love to see a Soyakaze that uses the Ares and Erinyes models, implying that the SOC still uses it in the FS2 timeline. I love the alt variants of the Bastion and Galatea.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
These look fantastic. Do you have any plans to do the Psamtik? That might be challenging to do though, it looks very different from any of the Terran ships.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If I ever get back to my FS:Augmented campaign (as I am firmly planted in TBP right now), I could use an FS1-era vasudan mainhall... since others are making suggestions... not that I have any imminent plans to need it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I could use an FS1-era vasudan mainhall...

Seconded - by the time I will be able to get back to FSO, I could use one as well.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

I was using MVPs 4.6 and FSO 22.0 on "Destiny Of Peace":

The mainhall that started up was a relatively small looking corridor type of thing...I think this is called "Wayfarer".  Anyways, on this when I clicked on what was labeled campaign room it actually took me to barracks (and vice versa).

However, after the first mission I had the 'normal' FS1 HD mainhall (I'm not sure of the correct terminology but I'm guessing this would be "Galatea") and clicking on "campaign room" and "barracks" took me to the correct room.

The mainhall that started up was a relatively small looking corridor type of thing...I think this is called "Wayfarer".  Anyways, on this when I clicked on what was labeled campaign room it actually took me to barracks (and vice versa).

However, after the first mission I had the 'normal' FS1 HD mainhall (I'm not sure of the correct terminology but I'm guessing this would be "Galatea") and clicking on "campaign room" and "barracks" took me to the correct room.

This appears to be a Destiny of Peace issue, which lists the Wayfarer as its main hall for the first mission in its FC2 file (so it appearing is working as intended at least).

However, the Wayfarer mainhall was originally designed for Between the Ashes (iirc), so the current Destiny of Peace maintainer (Admiral Nelson?) has to do some stuff to make it work properly with FSPort.

Offline CT27

This appears to be a Destiny of Peace issue, which lists the Wayfarer as its main hall for the first mission in its FC2 file (so it appearing is working as intended at least).

However, the Wayfarer mainhall was originally designed for Between the Ashes (iirc), so the current Destiny of Peace maintainer (Admiral Nelson?) has to do some stuff to make it work properly with FSPort.

If this was the Wayfarer mainhall, is the Centaur one the 2nd picture in the OP of this thread?

If this was the Wayfarer mainhall, is the Centaur one the 2nd picture in the OP of this thread?

Yes.

You can check this quite easily yourself! The Mainhall files are not packed into a .vp, so just by going to

<Knossos Install>\FS2\MjnMHs-1.4.10\data\interface

and then looking for anything that says 2_Mainhall_<name>.png you get a nice preview of each of them.