Author Topic: RELEASE: Dawn of Sol  (Read 55785 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yeah those last missions are retardedly graphically demanding. If it lags, turn off stuff like normal/shine/glow maps and stuff.
It runs ~15 FPS with everything on, and ~60 with those off on my computer so yeah.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Logrus

Sorry for necroposting, but this mod seems to be quite interesting, so I decided to give it a go. Advanced till the mission "Seeds of Chaos", where I need to assist two corvettes in killing destroyer Windforce.
When Windforce fires her beams and kills one corvette, command tells me to disable her artillery. I disable. Even if I don't, Windforce doesn't fire on the second corvette. But what is worse, corvette is not firing at the destroyer! And neither me, nor my wingmen have any weapons capable of killing a capship.
Probably there is a patch of some sort? Or the mod is simply incompatible with 3.6.12 and INF build?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's one bug I never ran into. Might indeed be a 3.6.12 problem.

Yeah, try the 3.6.10 final FSO build. I remember code-side beam behaviour had some changes around then.

Offline qwadtep

There was a similar issue with Fall of Epsilon Pegasi, I believe. Try ordering all ships to attack.

Offline CT27

I'm sorry for the thread necro, but I ran into a technical problem:

On the second to last mission where you have to defeat the three flagships of your enemies, I beat the mission and it said to land in the Raynor.  I went in and I couldn't.  I flew around and around in there but couldn't trigger the mission to end/debriefing.

Has anyone else ran into this bug?  I got this problem on multiple builds.

I ran into this bug too...  :confused:

Re: RELEASE: Dawn of Sol
undercover
[22:51]
lol
[22:52]
ive accepted it ofcorse
[22:56]
ive found an bug ive scanned trainquility it says ive failed
[22:56]
while ive susseded
[22:59]
failture massege is also there
[23:00]
it susseded
with failture mission
lol
[23:04]
ae-05LOOP01.FS2 is bugged whos fown of sol maker

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
To be clear, woutersmits is reffering to version of the mod that was put on Knossos recently by a third party.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline CT27

Is the Dawn Of Sol that was recently put on Knossos the old version of the campaign or is it a newer version (that DOS' FS Wiki page said was being developed)?

If it's the older version I don't think I'll try as while it had a lot of potential I also ran into a number of technical issues as well.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is the Dawn Of Sol that was recently put on Knossos the old version of the campaign or is it a newer version (that DOS' FS Wiki page said was being developed)?

If it's the older version I don't think I'll try as while it had a lot of potential I also ran into a number of technical issues as well.
MjnMixael only debugged certain modpack errors which caused mod to throw tons of errors at preload stage. He's not responsible for all in-mission errors. It's still old, and still likely to be buggy. In fact DoS requires attention of somebody like FSCRP. We may actually take care about it in the future. I'll discuss this matter with Adm.Nelson.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Some issues apparently have never been adressed

Ephemerality 137, ended the mission with a 'no debriefing for etc etc'

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

MjnMixael only debugged certain modpack errors which caused mod to throw tons of errors at preload stage. He's not responsible for all in-mission errors. It's still old, and still likely to be buggy. In fact DoS requires attention of somebody like FSCRP. We may actually take care about it in the future. I'll discuss this matter with Adm.Nelson.

Yeah, this mod is old and is a buggy mess, and certainly hasn't aged well.
I was working on a fix/restoration/remake of this a number of years back but it never really got anywhere, mostly because it was probably a bit too ambitious trying to re-write some of the latter portion of the campaign.
I believe I still have some of the fixed/upgraded earlier missions lying on a hard drive somewhere. It's not being developed anymore and hasn't been for, oh, many years now for lack of creative direction for the latter portion and how it could be tweaked or improved (my primary collaborators on this project having moved on).
For reference, the newer version of this died before I even started working on Dimensional Eclipse.

As for the remade files - if there's any interest in restoring this campaign a bit, hit me up (in PMs, or better yet just DM me on Discord) and I'll be happy to provide. I got as far as fixing up to "Rupture", and I believe there's a few all-new missions for the "SOC" loop too, if I recall. Granted, those haven't been extensively tested and it's very likely they're buggy messes even worse than the original but yeah.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline CT27

A few days ago I tried the version recently posted on Knossos.  If someone ever tries to remake/fix this campaign, here are a couple bugs I found:

-In the mission with the Windforce, the second allied corvette doesn't fire on it.  Both ships just sit there.  There is a technical workaround:  order your transport carrier to come and attack the Windforce...that will eventually destroy the Windforce, but it will take a long time. 

-In the second to last mission:  landing on your ship (as directed) doesn't end the mission.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
so after finishing this campaign post release on Knossos:

-The Thor's beam cannon sucks
-Some of the mission designs suck (Ephermality 103 or whatever as an example, the mission where you disguise as the ICC or Jupiter or whoever. They're just generally messy and unbalanced.)
-A lot of dialogue doesn't trigger, but I'll blame that for the fact this campaign is a decade old.
-Windforce as mentioned before having your corvettes sit there and do nothing.

Otherwise nothing's that gamebreaking, you can move on from Ephermality blowing up and just don't die. I do miss support ships though and the Thor desperately needs a better beam cannon because that reload is ridiculous (I only got to shot it once and it doesn't even do that much damage?) but it's not something that servers as full blocks.

Offline CT27

That's another issue I had:

In the mission where you get the fighter beam cannon, it was only able to fire once.