Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 623400 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: What are you playing right now?
I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Project M during my free time. Too bad it's finals week. :(

Ooooh.  I have brawl, a wii,  and an SD card... I also have an all in one card reader and a usb otg cable so can do it all via my galaxy note 3 on the toilet as I type this...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So question.  I'm pretty much as far as I'm going to get for a while with the Tier VII US medium and heavy line.  My T20 is only halfway towards unlocking the Pershing and I still need to get the top engine and radio on the T29 before even think about the T32.  I have the US TD line up to the Hellcat and will be unlocking the Jackson from the E8 in the near future, but that's about as high as I want to go in the US TDs for now.  On the German front I have my beloved elited Marder 38(t) and the StugIIIG roughly halfway to the JagdPanzer IV. 

Now my quandary is to go Flak Bus into Nashorn(to unlock all the 88s) then push through the IV to the JagdPanther(one of my favorite looking AFVs of all time).  Or to jump into the US lights since I can pretty much start at the M5. The lights seem relatively cheap in terms of credits and xp, and I really would like to get a Chaffee and Walker Bulldog in the garage.

So any thoughts?  US Lights or German TDs?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline CKid

US lights starting at the chaffee are extremely fun and leads to even greater tanks. Bulldog is probably the most OP light tank right now, hitting way above its weight in tier 8 battles. Got over 1100 battles in my chaffee before moving up to the bulldog. It doesn't even feel like a grind and prints credits.

JagdPanther is a beautiful TD. Mobile, quick, and very good guns (both the long 88 and 105) Got over 700 battles in it before moving to the JP2. Thats not a bad idea to get the 88 off the Nashorn if you want to avoid the earlier guns. The real problem is grinding through the Jagdpanzer IV. It has good camo but the short 88 is very lacking. You will have difficultly penning heavies of your own tier frontally at mid to long range. If you run into tier 8s, you're ****ed.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Prepare for tier shock if you hit the Jadgpanther (or the German heavy line). They won't be what you expect them to be, and when you realize that, look around you at the kind of vehicles you're tiered with vs. what they dealt with historically.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah I've seen some reviews and I appreciate the JagdPanther needs to be treated more like my Marder 38(t) than an overgunned Panther bashing M4s but...

Damn I love the JagdPanther.

I think I'll spring for the US Lights for now.  I love the Easy 8 and the Walker Bulldog kinda strikes me as a pretty much an all around better version of the things I like about my M4A3E8.  Not to mention the Chaffee being a classic.  It's straight up the line for the lights where as I'll be running parallel with the TDs.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Mario Kart 7
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Project M during my free time. Too bad it's finals week. :(

Ooooh.  I have brawl, a wii,  and an SD card... I also have an all in one card reader and a usb otg cable so can do it all via my galaxy note 3 on the toilet as I type this...

I LOOOVE playing Brawl on the Wii. I never bought it myself, but- even better- my next-door buddy did. The two of us plus our respective brothers playing the living daylights out of it. It's a party game, pure and simple, and a jolly good one at that.

Maenwhile, I'm playing a game that I shoulda played a long time ago: Knights of the Old Republic. Just started last night, cause I wanted to wait till after exams- for obvious regions. After FOUR HOURS of exploring Taris, beating up bullies and trying to prove to Carth that he could trust me, I'm finally at the "Okay, I sort know what I need to do next" stage. And this is just the first planet  :eek2:
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
<3 Bastilla.

Jennifer hale fap.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
<3 Bastilla.

Jennifer hale fap.

Ironically, I only just learned that Jun'ko Zane is also played by Jennifer Hale. Welp, time for another Freelancer playthrough.

A Feddie Story

For StarSlayer:
Just got my Chaffee last week, played about 40 ish games as of now, and already have 5 ace tankers and numerous 1st and 2nd class as well. Very fun tank to drive, totally recommended

<3 Project M. The pace is absolutely ludicrous.

Just bought the new BlazBlue CS port on steam, but my X360 adapter decided to die on me. Until my new one gets here I'm attempting to play with the keyboard (it's not going well).
Also playing Noel in BB without (just) button mashing is a great way to practice PM Lucario: Both characters are glass cannons with poor approaches but ridiculously flashy combos.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
World of Warships.

This game is fun as **** and I've never played a game where it's quite so satisfying to pull the trigger on absolutely nothing and just watch the shells splash into the empty ocean.  Everyone play this.

Offline Patriot

Got invite codes for that Scotty?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Probably not, but if they given the NA alpha testers invite codes I'll let you know.

(Yes, I can say I'm an alpha tester. They kind of gave it away with my blue "alpha" tag on the US forums.)

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
OOOOOOOHH

Much 8 inch.
Many Long Lance.
Oops 25mm can't hit ****!
Underwater protection? Pffft!

I do wonder if you integrated modern fire control computing potential with the big gun warships of yore how accurate you could ramp up naval gun fire.  Even when Washington jumped Kirishima at point blank with radar directed salvos she only connected what 9 times out of 117 16-inch expended?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Probably closer to 11-13; the Detailed Action Report mentions several torpedo hits while Kirishima was under fire from Washington that pretty much have to be Washington's "shorts" striking underwater. Still only a 10%ish hitrate.

There are of course various problems the fire-control system can't solve. A pre-reconstruction Japanese heavy cruiser or most of the Italian ones are just never going to fire a good salvo no matter how awesome your fire-control because of the problems with the design of the mounts and shell dispersion resulting from them.

By the same token, an interesting tidbit is that by about 1970 the major obstacle to further accuracy improvements in the Iowa-class was the powder, not the fire-control, guns, or mountings. Their eighties-era upgrades were contingent on the development of a new powder type that burned more even and clean, so that the shell was accelerated smoother and the barrel didn't get gummed up as much on successive shots.

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
As somebody who has spent serious hours cleaning rifle barrels etc.  The thought of cleaning naval deck guns as a concept,  both terrifies me and only just became manifest. Those poor sailor dudes.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
they had to have had guys who were basically just chimney sweeps for those things.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
My understanding is everybody works.  **** jobs are jobs that need doing.  Junior ranks do it. Don't be a junior rank.

Like painting coal or cutting the grass outside the commanding officers office with nail scissors.

:shaking:

Also don't get caught being naughty.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Painting...Coal?

:eek:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.