Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 148091 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Wow, this is unbelievable. After our game last night, the same network controller on my other computer no longer works. That computer wasn't even on at the time. I think it may have something to do with how I'm doing port forwarding in D3. I'll need to look into this before hosting again.

[edit] By the way, the additional levels I was talking about are available here:
http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files/d3new/index.asp?start=a

For our next series of games, get the official Chaos, Havoc and Mayhem packages along with the user-made Kataclysimca level, which was very popular at one point. I can't find the B-side package there, but I'll upload it somewhere a bit later.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 04:14:30 pm by CP5670 »

Offline watsisname

Gadzooks, it fried the one on the other compy!? :wtf: D3 obviously hates your network controllers.  Good luck getting that fixed/resolved.

Thursday, Friday or Saturday night should be good for another D2 game, and Venin should be able to join us for D3 whenever we're able to play that again.  More players = more fun. :D
Edit:  Gasp, I forgot that Monday's a holiday.  Therefore sunday night is good, too!  Woot!
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I found the problem at least on one machine. It was actually a very simple fix, but I have no idea why D3 is causing trouble with it. I've changed the port forwarding method, so hopefully there will be no further issues with this.

Monday is always a holiday for me. :D I'll have a decent amount of work over the weekend, although I should have at least one night available.

The hoard games were a lot of fun last time. That game type actually originates from D2, so we can also play it in there. Not all D2 levels have the hoard goals though. I know Dogfight does (referring to the Parallax-made four level pack, not karx's one) and Panic does not, but I'm not too sure about any others.

Also, here is the B-side pack I was referring to, which is definitely worth playing at some point:
http://home.comcast.net/~cp5670/bside.rar

Offline AusRED5

All of my D2 levels have Hoard Goals.  ;)

I'm also currently working on a Monsterball level for D2X-XL Only.

Offline watsisname

I'll begin hosting D2 tonight (Thursday) around 11pm EST.  If tonight doesn't work, there will almost definitely be more games at least one other night on this weekend.  Posting which day(s) and times you're free might not be a bad idea, so that I know when is the best time to host. :)
Edit:  Whoo, we'll give Hoard a go in D2, as well.

About D3:  I've been messing with my router/firewall and forwarding the port for D3, but my games still seem to be invisible. :doubt:  So we might need to have CP, or anyone else who can host D3, to be the server if/when we play that again.  I'm hoping that isn't a problem.

See you in the mines! :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Sorry I'm late guys, I was really tired earlier and slept a bit longer than I had intended to. :doubt: If anyone is available for the rest of the night, post here and I'll set up a game.

That looks like a neat level, AusRED5. Sort of reminds me of Veins. It should be fun to play once the monsterball bugs are all worked out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 12:44:03 am by CP5670 »

Offline watsisname

Hosting for a bit again tonight.  Hosting darkness games, whoo!  To join, you'll need to install the latest version of D2X-XL (I believe 1.8.15), and go to configure > render options > enable real-time opengl lighting.

Edit:  Game's done tonight since I got to get up fiendishly early, but I'll try hosting again perhaps Monday night.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:54:18 pm by watsisname »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
By the way D3 didn't screw up a NIC this time, so it looks like the thing I did fixed that issue for good. :yes:

Offline watsisname

Oh great, I'm happy to hear that, CP. :)

I'll host for a little bit tonight after 11pm EST, and I'm hoping for some good stuff Monday night, which I'll gve details on later.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
For those who don't want to go through all of the trouble of downloading a massive number of maps from the Descent 2 site, I've created an installer (7.5 MB) including the spotlight MP maps and the all of the multiplayer maps from the multiplayer page. (say that 5 times fast)

Descent 2 Maps
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline watsisname

Nice one with the missions pack, Cobra.  Should make it a lot easier for new players.  :yes:

As for tonight's game, I'm thinking I'll begin hosting at the usual 11.  Hope to see you all then!
Note:  One of the levels we'll be using at some point will be "46&22", which is in Cobra's pack.
Edit:  Game's are done for now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 06:45:41 pm by watsisname »

Offline watsisname

:bump:
Anyone free for a game, either tonight or Sunday night?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Maybe... depends on how well I can stay awake really

Offline watsisname

Ok, I'll begin hosting at roughly 11pm EST (~20 mins from this post).
Edit:  Got to call it a night, but I might host again tomorrow if anyone's free.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:28:34 pm by watsisname »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I won't have any time this weekend, unfortunately. Next weekend would work better.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
well im gonna set up a host, i havent played in awhile but id like to get a few more games in. working on my pyro model got me intrested in descent again :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline watsisname

I won't have time to play this week, but the weekend (Friday through Sunday) should still be good.  Looking forward to playing with you once again. :)
*Looks back upon the first pages of this thread and chuckles in amusement*

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I think this is one of the longer threads in HLP history

I am unavailable until the weekend as well, and I might not even be available then  :sigh:

I have many small pockets of free time, and few large gaps in the schedual.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
and to think it was mine! mine! behold the glory!!!!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline watsisname

I'll host tonight if anyone's free.  Does 11pm EST sound good?
Edit:  Game's down, but maybe we can try again next weekend.  Speaking of which, I've found two more people who should be able to join us in our next game. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:19:49 am by watsisname »