Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 147455 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Will your laptop be up to it whatsisname?

Offline watsisname

Should be... it took 7 *nearly* continuous hours last night, so I'm sure it'll be fine. :)
Edit (again):  Well this is odd.  SimX and I are able to play, but after about 10 minutes the game suddenly crashes and for each player it says that the other player has disconnected, though each person is still in the game.  *shrug*  If anyone else is able to host, that'd be great.  (SimX can't host, unfortunately)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 09:38:42 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Try again, it could be a server went down momentarially somwhere.

Offline watsisname

Seems to be doing decently now.  Hope to see you again CP and SimX.
Edit:  Sorry guys, made a mistake.  The name of the level is, in fact, Biohazard, and the link is directly under that of "With Flying Colors".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:23:55 pm by watsisname »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
If any of you see this, I can't seem to join the game. It's that old bug where you keep getting dumped into the game selection screen when trying to join.

Offline watsisname

Hmm, dunno what to make of that.  At least we had a good ... 7 hours together.
I especially liked the part where Mars went on a murderous rampage with the rapid-fire bug. :lol:

We'll try to play again next weekend, so look through and find some missions that you'd like us to play on.  Hopefully we'll see you there, too, Music1an. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:12:06 pm by watsisname »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Those were some of the best games we've had with this yet. 5 players and for the most part, no major problems. Sorry I left abruptly at around 3:45 EST. The power went out due to a storm outside and I hadn't put my modem on the UPS so the internet connection got severed. I figured I would just retire for the night at that point.

I'm pretty much available for the next several days. Hopefully I can figure out why I'm having trouble joining the CTF and Entropy games.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:56:19 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Music1an

• Trumpeter and pianist for life!
Glad u guys are having a great time!  Sounds like lots of fun!  Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to make it (at least for a little while) next weekend.  I'm buggin' for some D2  :shaking:!  As for levels, anything's good for me--i got so many levels in my missions folder you wouldn't believe it :p  I hope everything is going well for everyone.  Catch you later.
Band kids rule

Offline watsisname

SimX found out the problem with the entropy games... I needed to have "hoard.ham" in my directory.  :o
(edited to be more accurate)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:50:48 pm by watsisname »

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
Heh heh, yeah, the hoard.ham file is necessary for Entropy games.  If you don't have the file, you can download it here.  Place it in your data folder.

Man, we have to figure out those problems with all the levels that are causing you to crash, though, watsisname -- severely limits the choices. :(  Otherwise, tonight was again fun.  Hopefully alpha will start to become a regular too.  6 players would rock.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline watsisname

I'll play around with some of those levels and get some bug reports for you guys to look at.  Shall I just post them up here, or is there a plae more suitable for you?

I should also be good to play tonight (usual 10pm EST starting time) if anyone is is free.  Just catch me on AIM or post here if you're free.  We ought to test out the entropy and hoard game types as well.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll probably be available any time after 11. Are there any maps I should download in advance?

As for the crashing levels, try using the default pilot that comes in the D2X-XL zip and see if it still happens. I've had problems before with only certain levels crashing and they were always related to the pilot files in some way.

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
watsisname,

it would be great if you could register on www.descentbb.net and post the bug reports in the proper OS specific bug report thread of the D2X-XL area there. :)

Offline watsisname

karx11erx:  Ok, I'll do that and post any bug reports I get from tonight's session.

Everyone else:  I'll start up the games at 11pm EST, and our first level will be "Get 3D".  It's under Level spotlight, part 1.  If we get 4 people going (without too many problems) then we'll try entropy at "Biohazard" or "With Flying Colors".  Be sure to re-install the latest version of the latter one since I understand that a bug in the level has been fixed.

Edit:  Okay, it's up now. :)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:00:09 pm by watsisname »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
It's been a little more than 15 minutes whatsisname  :rolleyes:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Did the game go down or something? I thought he was going to leave it up but couldn't see it anymore.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
You wanna try hosting CP?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The current versions won't let me. Whenever I try, it gives some "network consistency error" a few seconds into the game.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I'll try putting one up

Should be up now

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
Did the game go down or something? I thought he was going to leave it up but couldn't see it anymore.

Naw, everyone left, and then it was just me and Kimitaka, and then he left so there was no reason for me to stay so I left too and the game disbanded. :P

If karx and I can get Mac hosting to work, it's possible that I can put up a permanent server on my computer at work which is always on and always connected to the internet, and has a superfast connection.  University, so none of this asynchronous connection crap of cable and DSL -- it's like a T3 or something. :D
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.