Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 147515 times)

Offline watsisname

Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
He's referring to my mother, who decided to complain at me for staying up until 4am for the past week.  :hopping:

Sorry that Comcast is giving you trouble, CP.  I'd like to see you able to play again with us (even if that means you kill us all) :D  I'll see if I can host a little bit tonight at some point.  I'm thinking sometime between 8pm and 1am Eastern, for about an hour or two long game... perhaps.  I'll post the specifics when I am certain.

As for the improved chat text list thingy, I'm all for it.  I'd be nice to be able to read messages for more than a couple seconds. :)
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
* karx11erx thinks if ppl want to chat maybe they should not try to abuse a 1st person shooter for it. :P

You should try TeamSpeak, it's great! www.descentbb.net even offers a TeamSpeak server which you can join by simply clicking on the link (bottom of forum main page).

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
While I can chat and play at the same time because I have two computers, it's rather clumsy on one

Offline Music1an

• Trumpeter and pianist for life!
So will there be a game tonight?  If so, when?
Band kids rule

Offline watsisname

Ok guys, I'm hoping to host at roughly 2am (EST)  It *might* be a tad bit later though, depending on when I am able to return.  I'll post when I'm ready though. :)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Would someone mind to see if "Swantz's Game" is showing up?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
Ok guys, I'm hoping to host at roughly 2am (EST)  It *might* be a tad bit later though, depending on when I am able to return.  I'll post when I'm ready though. :)

Woot!  We seriously need to get these networking oddities figured out, though, so we don't have to rely on watsisname to host and get mad when he's 2 minutes late. :)

Would someone mind to see if "Swantz's Game" is showing up?

I can't see it, unfortunately.  Do you have a firewall or router?  For firewalls, you need to open up port 28342.  For routers, you need to portmap 28342 to your computer's internal IP address.  Also make sure you're starting a tracker game, of course.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Ah, almost forgot to forward ports, check again please. :)
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline simX

Ah, almost forgot to forward ports, check again please. :)

Still can't see it.  Would you mind if you kept hosting it for a while even though I can't see it?  I wanna see if I can catch some packets from you.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Sure, I'll leave it up for a while.
Just lemme know when to take it down
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:00:09 pm by Swantz »

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline simX

Sure, I'll leave it up for a while.

Gwah.  Can I get your IP address?  Send it to simX [underscore] other [at] mac [dot] com if you don't want to post it here.  Make sure it's your external IP address and not your external one.  ( http://whatismyipaddress.com/ can help here.)

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'll just PM it to you.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
My Mom's machine is locking up whenever I try and look at  the list of trackers... don't know wtf is going on.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Fixed it... windows firewall had gotten turned on and D2XL is apparently on the no go list on it. I'm putting up a game for anyone who can see it

Will be going down regaurdless at 2:00 am EST sharp, or when I give up, whichever occurs first.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:22:56 pm by Mars »

Offline simX

Hey guys, the tracker runs on port 9424.  (Games run, by default, on 28342, though you can change that if you want.)  You might want to open your firewalls to port 9424 or map that port to your IP address on your router if you have one.  Perhaps that will explain why some games haven't been showing up on the tracker.

Offline watsisname

Ok, hosting now.  Join when ready :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Ah... minor problem... I'll join when I can... gah! I wish I could use my own computer for this...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yay, another night with no internet. After arguing with another retard for about 20 minutes, I got $50 more credited. I'm going to be rich at this rate. :D

I used to be able to host in the past but I get that consistency error in the newer builds. What exactly does that mean anyway?

Offline watsisname

I've had that consistancy error too, a few nights ago when switching levels.  I guessed that it meant the game still thought I was hosting and not letting me rehost.  It went away if I closed out of D2X-XL and locked down my internet traffic for a secon via the firewall, then opened it again and rehosted.  Not sure if thats just a coincidence or not though.

As for our next game, I'll see what I can do tonight.  I have some other things planned so I'm not sure what time or how long I'll host.  I'll definitely let you know the details somepoint before midnight (EST). :)

Offline simX

Yay, another night with no internet. After arguing with another retard for about 20 minutes, I got $50 more credited. I'm going to be rich at this rate. :D

I used to be able to host in the past but I get that consistency error in the newer builds. What exactly does that mean anyway?

Man, why can't Comcast do that over here?  That way at least I can extort money from them the way they do from me. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 11:46:05 pm by simX »