Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 146690 times)

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
The port is 28342, I don't no if there's going to be a game up tonight or not, whatsisname is the only person currently able to host, so it sort of hinges on his schedule.

Well, if you host a game, you should use 28342.  But when joining, you can typically use "0" to indicate that you don't care what port you play on.

I have a game up on the tracker right now, hosting with the Mac version after (I think) fixing the bug that was causing Mac hosting to not work.  Can someone try and join?  Do note that, currently, in order to see my game, you SHOULD put "28342" in the client port field when trying to join my game.  Mars said he could see it, but couldn't join.  I'm using Hydrolysis Plant from descent2.de (use the side menu to go to the Level Spotlight section) -- you should get that mission before attempting to join my game.  If you see a "?" preceding the level name for my game on the tracker, you haven't installed Hydrolysis Plant correctly.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline watsisname

Ok guys, game will be up in a minute, starting on "Neptune" as our mission. :)  I should be able to host for about an hour.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
god dammit watsisname, i download all the maps (in the convenient zip), install, go to play your game only to find another custom map i don't have!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's not working too well tonight anyway. We have run into quite a few problems.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
bah. i have the maps, but D2-XL won't recognize 'em. :hopping:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline watsisname

Cobra, I'm going to a Counterstrike (shareware D2) level.  Try joining again.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline simX

Cobra, try this: create a folder called "missions" at the same level as your folder called "data" and your d2x-xl application.  Any maps that you download from descent2.de (they should include a .hog file and a .mn2 file) should go in this missions folder.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure what happened last night. It seemed to lag heavily for me whenever I entered a room with another player. Oh well. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Cobra, try this: create a folder called "missions" at the same level as your folder called "data" and your d2x-xl application.  Any maps that you download from descent2.de (they should include a .hog file and a .mn2 file) should go in this missions folder.

what data folder? (and i already have a folder, labelled as a capitalized missions. i.e. MISSIONS :))

ok im tying to host right now... if anybody is on right now you are welcome to join.

Offline simX

ok im tying to host right now... if anybody is on right now you are welcome to join.

Can't see your game.  A guy from the DescentBB may be hosting a game, too, and I know that most people can see his game -- so check for that, and maybe we can all play.

EDIT: The game is up, you need to get Gigadeath 2 at http://www.dfiles.de/download/d2/missions/gigadth2.zip
EDIT2: Now Styx: http://www.descent2.de/missions/styx.zip

what data folder? (and i already have a folder, labelled as a capitalized missions. i.e. MISSIONS :))

Oh, heh.  You might try taking the missions out of the missions folder, then, and putting them in the same folder as the d2x-xl application.  Although it would probably be easier to create a data folder and dump everything (except for the dll files and the d2x-xl application) in there.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 01:18:04 am by simX »

dude by the time you posted i was already done 12 hours ago and in bed 

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Timezones are an amazing thing. At that time I had a couple of problems w/ my DSL modem and couldn't get online.

Offline simX

dude by the time you posted i was already done 12 hours ago and in bed 

Lol, blame it on not seeing the "AM" part. :P

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
woo, someone get a game up! and don't tell me to host because nobody can see my games. :P

Offline simX

So... anyone up for a game tonight?  We've got a host...

Offline AusRED5

D2 Game anyone?
I'll host if ya like?

Let me know what level to load.

OR, you can download all my levels!
I'll be hosting these from time to time.

You can get them HERE, HERE or HERE.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:56:15 am by AusRED5 »

Offline simX

You can get them HERE, HERE or HERE.

... or you can get all of Aus' levels in one convenient package by downloading http://homepage.mac.com/simx/aus-levels.zip

Go easy on my webspace, please.  No high-profile links. :)

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
missions must reside in the missions folder, or a subfolder of it.

Offline AusRED5

missions must reside in the missions folder, or a subfolder of it.
Its ok.. what ever he did, he was able to join us!  8)