Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 147642 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
i know, all of a sudden they work in my missions folder now.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline watsisname

I'm back guys, and I should be able to host tonight if anyone is free to play. :)  Maybe sometime around... 10 or 11pm EST?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Cool, I should be available for the most part.

Offline watsisname

Games are now up.  Currently we are at the "Darker Side of the Moon" from Dan Wentz levels (see level spotlight).  We may also do some other levels, which I'll post here when we do. :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Now it's Shaker Castle from descent2.de

Offline watsisname

It's getting a bit late and I've got classes starting tomorrow, so I'll need to be calling it a night.  I should be able to host some more games sometime this coming weekend though, and hopefully we can get a good game going with a lot of players.  Hope to see you then. :)

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
It's getting a bit late and I've got classes starting tomorrow, so I'll need to be calling it a night.  I should be able to host some more games sometime this coming weekend though, and hopefully we can get a good game going with a lot of players.  Hope to see you then. :)

Psh, and you call yourself a student.  "Calling it a night" at midnight?  The night's not even started!  :P
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
If he's anything like me he'll be exhausted and pretty much brain-dead by the end of the year anyway... we don't want to give him too much of a head start.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
If he's anything like me he'll be exhausted and pretty much brain-dead by the end of the year anyway... we don't want to give him too much of a head start.

Aren't we all? (although I get that way during math class. not during the end of the year. :P)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Sorry, I think I just missed your game last night. I'll join you next time.

Psh, and you call yourself a student.  "Calling it a night" at midnight?  The night's not even started! :p

He has a point there. I am generally awake until around 5:00 even when I have classes coming up. :D

Offline watsisname

Hosting again tonight until... sometime.  Not sure how long.

Psh, and you call yourself a student.  "Calling it a night" at midnight?  The night's not even started!  :P
I enjoy *not* being sleepy when I'm attending a 2-hour lecture on physics or calculus and making notes, while the professer fills 3 blackboards with important material a total of between 5 and 10 times during that period.  :eek:

That said, I still love the night, and D2, and will still be hosting whenever possible. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I rarely pay attention during lectures unless the class is particularly interesting. The material is usually all in the textbook anyway. At least I have three math classes this semester and they're mostly interesting subjects, so maybe I can manage to stay awake for most of the day (and doze through the other two classes :p).

Offline watsisname

:eek: @ CP.

Aye, the textbooks are the best source of info, but I find it just as important to pay attention in lecture.  Besides, (for me), the lecture is far more interesting/entertaining than reading the book.  :nod:

Anyway, the game is down for now since I'm busy with a few other things, but I *should* be able to host again in later tonight... maybe starting between 1 and 2 am, EST of course.

Offline simX

:eek: @ CP.

Aye, the textbooks are the best source of info, but I find it just as important to pay attention in lecture.  Besides, (for me), the lecture is far more interesting/entertaining than reading the book.  :nod:

You don't have a single boring professor?!  :eek:  My interesting/entertaining professors keep me awake regardless of whether I'm drowsy or not.  At least most of the time, and as long as I didn't have 8:30 classes (which really sucks).
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Last year I fell asleep in Algebra 2 every single day and never did any homework... and I passed.  :wtf:

Offline watsisname

Uh, I'm actually going to be calling it a night this time, since I've got my favorite class (Calculus II) 9 hours from now, and I don't want to be tired for it.
Yeah, go ahead and laugh at me... punks.  :p
I've also just had a wonderful caffeine high, and thus rather exhausted and desiring to encase myself in the darkness of my room.  So, we shall play again another night... not sure which one yet but I'll definitely let you know in advance. :)

Whee... elipses are fun.

Offline simX

Re: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Uh, I'm actually going to be calling it a night this time, since I've got my favorite class (Calculus II) 9 hours from now, and I don't want to be tired for it.
Yeah, go ahead and laugh at me... punks.  :p

*snicker*  *points and laughs*  *goes to hide transcripts*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 02:11:11 am by simX »

Offline watsisname

Hosting again briefly, maybe until midnight EST.  I'll be able to host longer later this week.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Won't be in... expiriencing some issues... as a matter of fact, I might not be in this weekend either. :(

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I guess I can't be too tired for my math classes this semester since there are around 10 students in each one, so I couldn't fall asleep without being noticed. :p The analytic number theory one has an excellent professor who I know personally, but I don't know what the other two will be like. The remaining classes have around 150 students each, so there will be no problems there. :D

By the way, simX, that quote in your signature...is that the same Ambrosia who made Maelstrom? I used to play that game religiously back around '93 on my Mac. I remember I had one crazy high score where I got to level 52.

Back on topic, it appears that I am unable to join games with any levels that take a long time to load. Styx is one such level that, for whatever reason, takes over five times as long to load as most other levels if I play it in singleplayer.