Author Topic: Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part One  (Read 19183 times)

Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part One
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS

V.S.

Freespace

The brave and bold Rebel Alliance has won a major victory against the evil Galactic Empire by destroying their ultimate weapon, the Death Star.

The Rebel Alliance now moves to build a new secret base on the ice planet Hoth in order to take advanatge of their recent victory at Yavin.

Meanwhile, the excellent tactician and strategist, Vice Admiral Thrawn, points his battlefleet in the direction of the planet Byss, to investigate unknown activity...

Part One.

The dark shadows of five Imperial-Class Star Destroyers come out of Hyperspace in the Byss syetem. One of them contains the powerfull Vice Admiral Thrawn.

The shadows of the almighty ships casts down onto the debris and wastes floating around the planet.

"Commence a scan of the area." said Thrawn. Thrawn's Lieutenant walked to the back room of the bridge and activated the Long-Range Sensors. "The debris field is interfering with our scans, sir." "Move closer into the debis field and commence a sweep of the planet's orbit." "Yes, sir!"

The Star Destroyers began moving in each direction around the planet. "Sir, the Valorous has detected a high energy signiture!" "What is it?" "It's still a faint blip, sir. Should we move in for a closer look?" "Yes, but let the rest of the fleet continue to scout around." "Yes, sir! Yes, sir!"

Thrawn's Star Destroyer began moving through a thick bunch of debris and space junk. Finally around the wreckage of an old ship, was a massive structure with four components rotating round and round. "Life signs?" said Thrawn. "None, sir!" "Launch our Tie squadrons and get a close-up scan of the structure."

The Star Destroyer began launching Tie Fighters. Within 30 seconds the Tie's had scanned the structure. "The device's energy readings are off the charts. We should call in a research team for Coruscant." "Yes, you do that. Take us in closer. Perhaps we can discover the meaning of this device." "An unknown energy field seems to be generated upon the interlocking movements of the components. I am attempting to find out what kind of field."

"Sir, the energy readings seem to be similar to those of a Hyperspace anomoly! Perhaps this is some kind of Hyperspace device of some sort!" "But where does it lead? Well, we shall found out soon enough. Set a course for the center of the ring and engage our Hyperspace Drive." "Sir?" "We don't need to wait around for a pair of science ships to start taking this device apart. Inform the Valorous to do the same." "Yes, sir!" "Soon we shall found out where this device leads to, and hopefully this little adventure will become more than a simple hunt for pirates."

"We are in position, sir, with the Valorous right behind us!" "Very-well, activate Hyperspace Drive." A massive blue and white vortex apeared infront of the ship, pulling them in. "Sir! The Hyperspace drive is disabled! Something is pulling us into the vortex which apears to show a difference to that of Hyperspace!" "Calm down, Lieutenant. I have no doupt that will shall be in good hands very soon."

Meanwhile...

"Kappa wing, this is allied command, please respond. Iota wing, investigate Kappa's last waypoint. The Ionized field is interfering with our transmission."

Meanwhile, seven cliks away...

Kappa 1 "Command, this Kappa 1, come-in. Repeat, this is Kappa 1, come-in..."

Kappa 2 "So, what now? We go back to the Aquitaine? Oh, wait. Yeah, sensors are malfunctioning. What now?"

Kappa 1 "I suppose we should just continue scouting the Nebulea and hope that we come across another patrol.

Kappa wing of the 170th Ravens had recently lost contact with command after venturing into an area of the Nebulea with a high EMP field. Sensors, targetting systems and more were not functioning properly.

Kappa 3 "Kappa 1, I am just about picking up something on sensors. Something big."

Kappa 1 "I reading it too. Lets get a closer look. Stay close to me."

Kappa 2 and 3 followed Kappa 1 through the rising EMP storms. Finally they could make out a large triangular object in the storm.

Kappa 1 "What is that???"

Kappa 2 "Kappa 1, I am detecting the faint signiture of a Cain class cruiser."

A long red Shivan Beam began firing on the massive triangular object.

"We are under attack, sir! An unknown vessel has fired what apears to be some kind of photon weaponry." said Thrawn's Lieutenant. "Return fire, at once!" "Sir, more unknowns are heading this way. They apear to be fighters." "Deploy our fighter squadrons to intercept them." "Yes, sir!"

Kappa 1 "The unknown vessel is launching fighters. They are heading straight for us!"

The Star Destroyer began firing its turbo lasers at the Shivan Cain cruiser. Within 10 seconds it was all but obliterated.

Kappa 1 "Command, we are under attack! Send rienforcements!"

The Tie Fighters were heading straight at them. They started opening fire. Kappa wing responded by straight away with several well placed Rockeye's. A Tie fighter got onto Kappa 3's tail.

Kappa 3 "I need some help!"

After a few laser shots from the Tie, Kappa 3's engines went offline.

"One of the unknown vessels is disabled, sir!" "Excellent. Deply a boarding craft." "Yes, sir!" "What's our status?" "Shield strength at 98%, sir! No hull damage!" "That ship was no match for us. Move further into the Nebulea and mark this area with a waypoint." "Yes, sir!"

Kappa 3 "Sir, looks like theres another ship entering the area!"

A Mon Calamari cruiser entered the area near Kappa wing.

The ships tractor beam activated and Kappa 1, 2 and 3 were pulled into the hanger bay...

The Calamari cruiser quickly jumped out to an unknown location.

"What are the rebels doing here?" Said Thrawn. "The ship has jumped out, sir! We are continueing our scan of the Nebulea!" "Hmmm, search the Nebulea for more of those black and red ships. When we find one, open a channel, BEFORE it attacks." "Yes, sir!

End of Part One
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:29:31 pm by ShivanEmperor »
====Freespace v.s. Star Wars Part Five Now Online!====

The ShivanEmperor is back! And now... he has returned... with a will... to conquer... the Hard Light Productions Fan Fiction Forum!

Part One: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54863.0.html

Part Two: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54969.0.html

Part Three: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55041.0.html

Part Four: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55234.0.html

Part Five: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55384.0.html

Part Six: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57798.0.html

Re: Star Wars V.S. Freespace Part One
Looking forward to more :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Star Wars seems overpowered to me.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Star Wars seems overpowered to me.

Star Wars is overpowered... The hull would have sustained heavy damage from even the Cain beam cannons.

I dislike GTVA/Shivans being weak here...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
:( A beam pierces shields!

Might want to rework the dialogue.

Otherwise, good concept.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

We wants moar!!!

And beams go through shields without finding any resistance... Remeber the Death Star II beaming ships in RotJ? They went booom! without shield effects. :p
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

We wants moar!!!

And beams go through shields without finding any resistance... Remeber the Death Star II beaming ships in RotJ? They went booom! without shield effects. :p

Anyway Star Wars ships are significantly more powerful than Freespace ships - going by the Harbinger yield, a BFRed is approximately 50 gigatons over its entire firing interval, when a medium turbolaser battery from an outdated Acclamator class transport is 200 gigatons in a single volley, and that same ship's shields can dissipate 16 teratons per second.
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
But still, the scales are skewed by the creator's choices. GL or whoever thought that gigatons sounded better than megatons, that's all.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
W
But still, the scales are skewed by the creator's choices. GL or whoever thought that gigatons sounded better than megatons, that's all.

That`s what I think, too. Sure, the numbers may be "official," but I find them exaggerated still.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Star Wars canon is quite flexible, I find. So you can believe what you want. At least that's how I see it. :doubt:

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Still, other than the overpowered weapons on the SW side, I`m liking your ideas so far, such as the fate of the lost Kappa wing.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I can?
*believes that a Fenris can beat a star destroyer and considers that canon*

wow, kool!
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I can?
*believes that a Fenris can beat a star destroyer and considers that canon*
I believe you are a dimwit. :P :lol:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I know that the Tie fighter could not have gotten through Kappa 3s shield that fast. :doubt:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
True. 2 small lasers shouldn't have done that.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe it was a TIE Defender or summat.

Off topic: I find that the Vong are always good for crossovers.

The Cain Class Beam Cannons are a lot weaker than those of Corvettes and Destroyers.

The shields of the ISD were bypassed a bit, with the shields not weakening much, the ship was still protected by the very strong hull.

SW weaponry has had a lot more time to evolve than FS weaponry. It is very likely that Tie weapons would be enough to take down the shields and a Hercules MK 2 with a few hits. It is for this reason that the Cain was destroyed so fast. The Cain had no shields and Turbo Lasers are very powerfull, just watch the SW ep 3 opening and you will the Invisible Hand going broadside against a Venator.

The Death Star super weapon was a million time stronger than a Cain class beam cannon, well, maybe not a million, but something like that.

The Terran won't be getting blown to bits all throughout the Nebulea. This Fan Fic is supposed to comply completly with the storyline in the FS2 main campaign. We are just seeing what was happening... elsewhere at the time, and what REALLY happened to Kappa wing.

Part Two coming...
====Freespace v.s. Star Wars Part Five Now Online!====

The ShivanEmperor is back! And now... he has returned... with a will... to conquer... the Hard Light Productions Fan Fiction Forum!

Part One: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54863.0.html

Part Two: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54969.0.html

Part Three: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55041.0.html

Part Four: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55234.0.html

Part Five: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55384.0.html

Part Six: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57798.0.html

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You know, this is making me want to write my own Shivans vs Empire story. But I only seen the movies, so I don't really know stuff like the omg-the-suncrusher.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There's not so much to know about the other Imperial superweapons. I mean just by reading Wookiepedia you can find out a lot.