FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency

(1/179) > >>

CP5670:

Political instability and economic depression in two border systems resulted in their regional governments,
led by a charismatic demagogue, declaring full independence from the GTVA in early 2368. Now, a year later,
a surprise incursion by this regime signals the beginning of a new war. As a new Vasudan pilot recruited into
the ranks of the GTVA, you are assigned to the crew of the GVD Sekham in Polaris as the Alliance attempts
to eradicate the rapidly propagating Procyon Confederal Autonomy.
Full story

Download links and installation instructions

Installation is pretty straightforward. Extract the various campaign VPs according to the combination of Media VPs you have installed; see the download link for details. No additional mod packages are needed.

The Procyon Insurgency requires FS2 Open 3.6.9 RC7.9X, available on the download page above. A few bugs that affect the campaign were introduced in the 3.6.9 final release. These have since been fixed, but new bugs have come up in the meantime and there is currently no one build that does everything perfectly other than RC7.9. This should change with the next available build, however.

Have fun.

karajorma:
Oooohh. This is nice. I've been waiting to see this one released a long time. :)

What problems do you refer to though just out of interest?

Mefustae:
Looks good. Downloading.

Edit: Is that a Procyon Insurgency avatar you've got there, CP?

Rand al Thor:
Hey, this is a surprise! I thought you'd given up on this one. Is this your original vision realised or did you have to strip it down a bit to a more releasable aim.

Or should I just shadap and download it.

Yes, I should.

CP5670:

--- Quote ---Oooohh. This is nice. I've been waiting to see this one released a long time. :)

What problems do you refer to though just out of interest?
--- End quote ---

There is basically the fade bug along with an issue with the music switching at the wrong times when ogg versions of certain tracks are present. I think 3.6.9 implemented an early version of the new music file detection system, but it wasn't quite working right at the time. The music bugs are now fixed for good, but the fade bug has been more elusive.

--- Quote ---Looks good. Downloading.

Edit: Is that a Procyon Insurgency avatar you've got there, CP?
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's the same one I used to have a few years ago.

--- Quote ---Hey, this is a surprise! I thought you'd given up on this one. Is this your original vision realised or did you have to strip it down a bit to a more releasable aim.

Or should I just shadap and download it.

Yes, I should.
--- End quote ---

Good idea. :D

I got some new ideas last summer and had a lot of free time, so I decided to resume work on the campaign from an old backup. The end result is actually better in most ways than what I originally had. Some things I planned had to be removed to avoid feature creeping, but I'm very pleased with the final product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version