Author Topic: When you are bored...  (Read 348239 times)

You are terribly mistaken. Halo 3 was always meant to end the story MAJOR EDIT: arc.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

I thought the "arc" was understood, seeing as we have at least one confirmed Halo game coming out after Halo 3 (but taking place before Halo 1 in the chronology).
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ya, an RTS!  Halo Wars, IIRC.  An RTS for a console.  Not released for the PC.  :ick:

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
Okay I was wrong (although I have read that Bungie has cut the last 3 missions from Halo 2) - but I won't change my opinion: Halo 2's ending was horrible. Why?

Yes, Halo 1's ended with a fairly obvious sequel clue. However, the game itself was over: all the enemies are dead, the big thing blew up, I - was - through - with - Halo. There was nothing left to do in Halo 1 - I felt that the game was over - even with a sequel in the mind, the chapter was closed.

On the other hand, Halo 2's felt incomplete. I mean okay you stopped another Halo for firing, but all the others have received some kind on signal that will doom us all, the covenant is on fire because of a rebellion, Cortana is being held captive by the big flood stuff, you are on a ship back to earth to do everything possible to save everybody, there was PLENTY of butt-kicking left to do. There SHOULD have been at least one more mission before the creds - maybe beating everybody on the ship, meeting with the Arbitor or something, finally: accomplishing something in the whole chapter! But you don't! It ends there right there, and I felt I haven't accomplished anything in the whole game because I just didn't have the chance to!

I don't say that Halo 2 should have closed the door on everything, but at least they could have done something to make the player felt they have finished the game! I don't know about Pirates of the Caribean, I haven't seen the last 2 ones. But at least, when you go see a film, it doesn't cost 400$ for a console to see it all end.

I don't plan to buy a Xbox 360 just for Halo 3 - but my mind would have sure been more at rest by at least closing the Halo 2 chapter properly instead of finishing nothing.

*GASP*

Hey have-I said all that? Dang mornings... I should remember that I am never in pretty good moon in the morning  :lol:! Anyway, you see my point here  :p!

I'll go get some cereal...  :lol: With some honey on it. Hmmm... honey...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Honey solves everything.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Ya, an RTS!  Halo Wars, IIRC.  An RTS for a console.  Not released for the PC.  :ick:

As I recall, there was an N64 version of Starcraft.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Yes, and I played it.  It was incredibly difficult to select anything or move units with any degree of precision.  I still remember trying to get my Zergling rush going and ending up with half my Drones in the group.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
Here's number 45!

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Here's number 45!

Heheheh, totally priceless, :lol:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

:lol:

Excellent work as always Pyro! :yes:

Offline Tyrian

Yes!  He's back!  All hail Pyro!!!  All hail Pyro!!!

:lol: Heh heh heh...I wonder if there is actually a person in the world who did such a thing...  You're probably right about the result.  I doubt you'd find the parts though... :ick:

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Yea, couple of people have ruined it for others, but thankfully I've been able to avoid those people....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
... and whenever I finish the pile of work on my desk and that I find enough brain juice, I'll have some comics up. :warp:

NO!

:warp:

/retrieves Pyro from infinitely piling mound of work

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
If all goes well, a new episode this week!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Good... Good...

Offline Tyrian

Yes, at last...I was getting a little jittery without my fix... :pimp: :nervous:

Sig rising...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Meh, I've already reached the depression stage.

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art

Offline Tyrian

:pimp:  Ahh...My fix at last...

I know a couple people like that.  I played Guitar Hero once.  I mangled every song I played.  Badly.

Nice work!  :yes:

Sig rising...