Author Topic: Stats aren't saving... Why?  (Read 4256 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Stats aren't saving... Why?
That error is caused by not having the FS2_Open exe in the same folder as the game. Or by starting the game using a shortcut which doesn't set the "Start in" option correctly.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Deadman

Found the problem with why his game wasn't working.  After some screen-shots of his files/folders we found the cause of the trouble.
He accidentally moved ALL of his VP files into the C:\Freespace2\Midiavp folder.  Even the VP files that were originally in his C:\Freespace folder.  So the only way his game would run was if he ran a MOD and selected his Mediavp folder.  But since some of the files in there weren't original FS2 files he got error HACKED TABLES/FILES.  And if he selected NO MOD the game would give him the "web cursor error" because the VP files in the C:\Freespace dir didn't exist.  ;) 

Once the right files were put back into place the game ran flawlessly and the stats saved. :D
I have to say.  For a Beta release it's f*cking awesome guys.  It's like the old PXO I haven't seen since 2000.  Thank you to the programmers that spent so much time working on this and the people that continue to try to improve upon an already kick ass fan made mod to keep FS2 multi alive.   :yes:  And of course, those who spend countless hours banging their heads on their keyboards getting us newbies to this game set up.

If you get the game running guys please take the time to help others who are having trouble.  It helps the community keep growing and in turn you get more people to 'kill' and play with.

If you need help I'm on Skype as Deadman_NY  (www.skype.com for program download).  Just ask and I'll try to help as best I can.

Good day all.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
For a Beta release it's f*cking awesome guys.
Well it's not really a beta, as the code is constantly being updated, the only difference between a final and test build being that finals are thoroughly bugtested.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.