Author Topic: Star Wars Mod  (Read 8921 times)

Sorry for such noobie question, but i completley lost here.
I understood, that there are SW 2 mods here.
Completed and not.

Can anyone tell me when can i found comleted one???

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Fate of the Galaxy is a Star Wars mod, whose board you are posting in right now. Currently it's still in development to my knowledge, not sure about your other mod, I'm relatively new here so I'm not that experienced with what goes on here.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Fate of The Galaxy is now the only alive SW mod here ,though there are two more in general.
First one is dead project called Imperial Alliance ,which tried to replicate gameplay of X-wing series on FSO engine.
This project is already dead as a doorknob ,you can download multiplayer demo here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,61425.msg1227722.html#msg1227722
There also was singleplayer beta version ,but all download links to it are dead.
The last one is run only by myself and I mentioned it a few times ,it's currently on hold and don't expect it before Fate of The Galaxy.
Of course you could had in mind Star Wars Conversion mod ,but it dead ,then was brought back and became FoTG.
On a side note there is one more thing than you can call Star Wars mod.
A long time ago ,there was somebody called "Darth Maul" who made a pack of SW models for Freespace 1.
I think this shipset is included there: http://archives.volitionwatch.com/fs1/mods/packs.php3 ,in Terran-Vasudan Alliance mod.
I think that's everyting SW themed you can find for FS.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
They work fine in Fs2 if you can find the DL...

ISD, X Wing, Y wing and standard Tie IIRC. I think it had 2 missions?
haven't touched it in years.

look for "skirmish Pack" I think.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Thanx.
Looks like it's better to wait the Fate of the galaxy.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
They work fine in Fs2 if you can find the DL...
I have posted a link to Volition Watch ,to the section where you can DL it.
I got it form Terran-Vasudan Alliance mod (second position) ,it's easy to convert it to FS2.
And it's possible to play IA with yourself ,it's crappy ,but you can try it.

Dont forget First Strike SW mod for Battlefront 2.
I haven't played it, but it looks kickass.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

First Strike it's a TC for Battlefield 2142, not Battlefront 2. There is also Freeworlds Tide of War, a  TC for Freelancer. The prototype version (2.0) is just great !! Just watch videos in moddb.

However, you can download and play with the current v 18.46 aka 1.66 (just go to their forum and grab the latest version).

And, there was another Star Wars mods I made during 2006-2007 for Freespace 2 SCP (if screenshots are still there you can wee in the Fate of the Galaxy website).

First Strike it's a TC for Battlefield 2142, not Battlefront 2. There is also Freeworlds Tide of War, a  TC for Freelancer. The prototype version (2.0) is just great !! Just watch videos in moddb.

However, you can download and play with the current v 18.46 aka 1.66 (just go to their forum and grab the latest version).

And, there was another Star Wars mods I made during 2006-2007 for Freespace 2 SCP (if screenshots are still there you can wee in the Fate of the Galaxy website).

My bad, I get confused with both titles. I had no knowledge of Tides of War, looks awesome but far more outdated than FS2, I take it its an older game?

Did you make a model pack or a TC?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Did you make a model pack or a TC?

Well, I don't how far we can call a mods a TC or not. However there were at least 60 ships in total IIRC (thx for EvilleJedi to let me use his models), 3 3D planets (Tatooine, Moon, Earth ??). I change also the thruster effects (thx to Dabrain for his contribution), add the proper weapons (turbolaser and so on with their sound grabbed from my X Wing Alliance CD), the sound engine.

And, well there were Normal maps !! :p I made several missions for testing purpose and also just for fun. But, it's really really buggy. With the current build, the X Wing can't move -_-

Heres some videos I made:
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/MetalD/video/xms4b_gtva-versus-galactic-empire_videogames
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/MetalD/video/xmqxg_star-wars-flight-over-the-ssd-venge_videogames
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/MetalD/video/xmif4_starwars-mods_videogames

And the four last link from the Fate of the Galaxy Website:
http://swc.hard-light.net/files.php

Offline aRaven

nice!

where can i download this fine piece of mod?

Geez, MetalD, those were coming along quite nicely!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
nice!

where can i download this fine piece of mod?

It's no where to be found :p

Offline aRaven

you will tell me *waves hand*

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you will tell me *waves hand*

He's probably a Toydarian, which means that only money works on him. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Wow nice models MetalDestroyer!
Sounds are spot on as well.

I lol'd at the last vid, TIEs were a breeze to shoot down in old XvT and XWA games, but here the little ****s actually live up to their annoying maneuverable nature! Can't wait to see how TIES will behave in FOTG, after all their overall strength does lie in agility.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
...after all their overall strength does lie in agility.

Well, that and supreme overwhelming numbers.

Offline Mikes

...after all their overall strength does lie in agility.

Well, that and supreme overwhelming numbers.

And guns... don't forget the guns. Bigger guns than the other side too :p