5 (29.4%)
Straight
6 (35.3%)
Other (specify)
4 (23.5%)
God (specify)
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Vote now and forever hold your piece  (Read 4909 times)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Vote now and forever hold your piece
My take, in musical form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkvHHBYOXz0&fmt=22

The unreliable narrator strikes again!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:50:10 am by swashmebuckle »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Vote now and forever hold your piece
Voting that Jesus was "gay", just to be oppositional.

Note, I have no idea what this is about and have not watched the video.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm voting other, reason: He's a moral, and the bible is the story.

haven't watched the video either, will do later on.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Swash, I can't watch your vid because I've got slow internet.

However, I do declare that you fail at everything forever because of the nature of this poll. I'm sure others who hold Jesus in high regard would agree.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Really? Why does it matter?

I thought God's love encompassed everyone.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Though this is true,...

...I also wonder why you support the thread when it in fact might serve to be promoting a sentiment against or derrogitory to a particular group, which probably contains me. After all, Jesus is a good friend of mine.

Now, if someone came on the HLP with a similar thread which looked down upon Mohammed, for example, I'd also have a problem with that. Religious jokes/debates in reason are fine, but what probably amounts to stale insults are very poor in taste indeed.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't think analyzing the homoerotic overtones of eating Jesus' flesh is meant as anything but good fun. Why is being gay a stale insult, or an insult at all?

In modern culture being gay is hardly a put-down. Gay icons are viewed with admiration and respect. The song is certainly respectful; it's clearly written by someone with a good command of the Bible and the stories surrounding Jesus, and it's hardly disrespectful.

The song's about how straight he is in spite of all the homoeroticism, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:30:48 pm by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Also, man, swash, this song is really funny. Got a genuine laugh out of me. You did this yourself?

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Yay, responses!

@ Thaeris: Certainly didn't intend any disrespect towards Jesus & company as I am a (nonbelieving) fan of his as well--hopefully a listen to the song should clarify its innocuousness to all but the most dogmatic Christians.  The humor in the tune is derived from heavily playing up the Passion's homoeroticism while the singer enthusiastically denies the entire cast's implied gayness.  I can see how the poll might be construed as distasteful trolling to those not in on the joke though; sorry if that caused any offense.  Just think of it as therapy for those exposed to unsafe doses of Christian Rock. 

As for doing the same for Mohammed, I would, but I'm not terribly familiar with his story, musical traditions in modern Muslim countries, or how to rhyme Arabic with English in fun double entendres.  Also the visuals would probably be pretty dreary as there aren't many great paintings of Mohammed, and if I posted any they might get taken down or cause a riot or something.  Anyway, everybody knows Jesus has the best basslines; crank that subwoofer!

@ GB: Glad you enjoyed it!  Yeah, I was struck with the inspiration for the song out of the blue one night in the shower during my senior year of college.  I got some help from my brothers and friends doubling the choir parts so it didn't sound like a gospel choir comprised of 20 skinny white clones, but other than that I did all the writing and playing myself.  The song also served as a crash course for mixing and (sort of) mastering, though unfortunately youtube seems to have killed the audio quality :(  Thanks for the positive response--makes me want to write more music :)

Am I the only one that realizes that christianity is the only religion in the world that promotes cannibalism?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That's ludicrous Titan.  :rolleyes:

...That's merely figurative. It's not like Jesus laid himself down on the table and said, "EAT MEH!!!"

:lol:

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, transubstantiation is rather literal.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's literal-yet-not, in a certain sense.  The Catholic and (in a perhaps slightly-differently-conceived way) Eastern Orthodox churches view the concept of transubstantiation as the Eucharist consisting of the true wholeness of Christ (body, blood, soul, and divinity) under the physical form and appearance of simple bread and wine.  In other words, what appears to all human senses and external analysis as food is the real presence of Christ himself.  It's kind of one of those "mysteries of faith" that's rather difficult to put into words unless one is somewhat of a theological scholar, which I don't profess to be.

(ITT GD invades FF. :D)

As for the song itself, I'll simply reserve my judgment to "...um." :p

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
The vid's fine, but I'm wondering if this was even a "fan fiction and art" thread?  :confused:
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
SECOND COMING
:necro:

Now that I know a bit more about mixing and am in a band and stuff I've decided to shine this one up and put it out there.  In addition to all around improvements in sound quality, it also now has some badass 70's stye cover art and a dance remix with gratuitous disco lasers: http://theperfectband.bandcamp.com/album/ecce-homo

Bounced the art history video out again as well for the visually inclined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIUYL5YmWJA&feature=colike

Get thy behold on!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I unironically think about this song at least once a week.