Author Topic: Featured Campaigns  (Read 10473 times)

Maybe it's because of GOOOOBEEEEEEEER

Remember up until TopAce and I discussed this, every single Featured Campaign pick was selected by the creators of said campaigns.

Hence why I think the campaign/article should be random based upon a select pool of those that qualify as being "good enuf"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm pretty sure there will be some debate on "gud nuf"

I still think Zacam's VW article on BoEs is useless except as a historical curiosity, for example.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm pretty sure there will be some debate on "gud nuf"

I still think Zacam's VW article on BoEs is useless except as a historical curiosity, for example.

Zacam's...?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Maybe it's because of GOOOOBEEEEEEEER

Remember up until TopAce and I discussed this, every single Featured Campaign pick was selected by the creators of said campaigns.

Wait, what? Might be the hangover talking, but I remember picking a bunch of featured campaigns myself, many or most of them.

As for why it works better as a campaign, you have to think about what we're working wqith hgere. FS Wiki really works within a fairly tight framework of information. There's not much canon data out there, and what data there is comes from very limited sources. This means that articles on, say, ships, for examples, work very well as templates - but areticles from a template don't really have much to distinguish them from one another, so FA status isn't really appropriate. A few other in universe topics, like, for example species articles, but there's not enough of them to give a proper rotation to FA (and many of these articles aren't particularly speccy anyway, look at the Shivans entry). So we're left with very few canon articles that really fit within the specifications of what we'd want from a FA, and I'm not sure that too many non canon articles can get in their either.

Now, some kind of featured mod of the moment, or gallery of modded ships accessed similarly to the way random screenshots are grabbed, might work. If people want, I can have a look at implementing something.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well obviously by 'every single' I mean 'some fraction between 1/n% and 99%.  :nervous:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Zacam's...?

Zarathud. Whichever.

The old Subspace Missions article is pretty funny too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The old Subspace Missions article is pretty funny too.
Yeah, grossly inaccurate and completely out of date.