Author Topic: The other models...  (Read 2007 times)

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
So I'm going to start a new model dump where you folks can burn me at the stake and hand criticism on silver platter to my charred remains.

This little fellar is the "Warbird" a heavy interceptor designed for space and air. It's designed from the same Warblade chassis, but lost a lot of fins for a pragmatic build. Currently, I'm trying to figure out what sort of landing gear arrangement that would suit it best.

Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Could use some more detailing aft of the nose wheel, but apart from that it's looking really good :yes:

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Things could stand to be a little more curvy and/or aerodynamic, but that's probably just personal preference.
BTW, I really like your fin placement. :yes:

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Could use some more detailing aft of the nose wheel, but apart from that it's looking really good :yes:

You could solve that relatively simply by making some sort of intake, it is a hybrid craft after all. I really love fighter jet-type designs like this, looks beautiful. :yes:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That looks like a really, really high-mass aerospace fighter. Either the wheels in general, the main undercairrage in particular needs to get a lot bigger, or you ought to consider multiple wheel arrangements. A quad-wheel "truck"-type undercairrage, as seen on an airliner, or a Viggen-esque like undercairrage with dual in-line wheels might be a good bet.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Nice, but if it's going to work in atmosphere those shapes need a lot of softening up. The top profile is probably the best angle on it I think.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
What sort of softening would work to help preserve the overall angularity of this ship?

My only concern would be moving from the original blockiness of the design, because I was tempted to make it curved in the first inception . Foremost it's a space craft, and I imagine it would behave in a manner similar to the Vipers in Battlestar Galactica, but I do agree that it could use an aerodynamic twist or facelift.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.