Author Topic: Music: Tidal Forces (Original Mix)  (Read 1576 times)

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Music: Tidal Forces (Original Mix)
Tidal Forces (Original Mix) is my first attempt at a professional trance-ish song, and the first time I've ever tried to actually master a track. You can purchase the song on Bandcamp for $0.89, or get the Club Mix for DJ sets (if you buy the song you have permission from me to use it in your sets). Tell me if my mastering job is such total crap that you can't use it and I'll see what I can do, but this is literally the first track I've ever mastered so there might not be much I can do unless you can give me some guidance.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:35:03 am by blackhole »

Offline Darius

Re: Music: Tidal Forces (Original Mix)
Good sounds, nice thick pads and big electric leads. Don't hear enough orchestral techno these days so you get plus points for doing a genre I particularly enjoy.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say the melody is the weakest part of the track but really. Chord progression is still very danceable. If I was still doing up trance sets I'd definitely include this.

Are you going to write up a tutorial on how to do professional-sounding mastering? That's been one of the things I've struggled with when doing my own stuff.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm no dj, but I like it a lot.

*note to self: save some money for next month
el hombre vicio...

Love the song, now listening to it for the second time. Props man, keep it up!

Offline Qent

Ooh, I so need to buy this.